What do you all think?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
One advantage of the N7 is the Tegra Zone given the processor it uses. I have to give it a test drive this weekend and then try to find the N10 at a retailer or give the Note 10.1 (for physical size) a roll to compare.

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
One advantage of the N7 is the Tegra Zone given the processor it uses. I have to give it a test drive this weekend and then try to find the N10 at a retailer or give the Note 10.1 (for physical size) a roll to compare.

Haven't EA and others said they'll update their games for the Nexus 10?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's nothing against the Nexus 7 (it's probably the best tablet I've owned), but I wanted a bigger screen. The Nexus 7 is actually perfect in size or a lot of things including reading, but I really wanted something a little bit bigger when it came to watching movies and tv shows. Other than that, there's really no other reason. $200 more for a bigger screen is a lot, I get that, but at the same time, I think I'll be using this a lot more than my Nexus 7 because I didn't like watching videos on it (but that's not to say it's bad for watching videos on, just my personal preference being that I wasn't comfortable watching on that small of a screen).

Cool :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Haven't EA and others said they'll update their games for the Nexus 10?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Based on my experiences so far with Android Developers and specifically the larger devs like EA and Gameloft they have failed time and again to deliver and have not supported devices on many of their popular apps. If they actually do it I will be happy and surprised. I know someone at EA did comment that Developers (Gaming Devs especially) should ignore Android at their own peril, and while that is a good start they too have failed to deliver and until they actually do and until Google actually starts requiring devs to list what devices apps support we will always be behind iOS in that one glaring aspect.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Based on my experiences so far with Android Developers and specifically the larger devs like EA and Gameloft they have failed time and again to deliver and have not supported devices on many of their popular apps. If they actually do it I will be happy and surprised. I know someone at EA did comment that Developers (Gaming Devs especially) should ignore Android at their own peril, and while that is a good start they too have failed to deliver and until they actually do and until Google actually starts requiring devs to list what devices apps support we will always be behind iOS in that one glaring aspect.

I would agree with this.

Basically, you can expect the major game makers to support the most popular devices that are on the market *at the time the game is released.* Don't expect to get older titles updated and don't expect to get "the most powerful" chips supported just because they are the most powerful.

Nvidia pays for game support, so expect them to be well supported. Expect most of the S4 based phones to be supported because there are a ba-jillion of them out there for at least the next 18 months. *If* the N10 sells well, and Samsung offers that fancy new SOC in other products, *then* good game support will follow.

That said, for myself personally, I have such a wealth of good games already loaded and backlogged that I don't get too bothered by the greener grass elsewhere.

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So, have any of you guys ordered yet?

Not me.

Alas, as cool as it sounds, the N7 I just got a week or so ago has taken the wind out of me wanting to get the N10. I likely won't get the N10 unless my older TF101 completely gives up the ghost.

-Suntan

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Not me.

Alas, as cool as it sounds, the N7 I just got a week or so ago has taken the wind out of me wanting to get the N10. I likely won't get the N10 unless my older TF101 completely gives up the ghost.

-Suntan

Yeah, my Nexus 7 is so awesome that I don't feel a need to upgrade either.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I find the n10 to be unattractive, but I planned to pick one up based on the specs. I particularly like the front-firing speakers. The problem is that my 32gb n7 is doing a fine job already and I'm not sure I can justify the purchase. My crusty old tf300 barely gets any use now, and I would hate for the n10 to suffer the same fate.

dipzb90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the N10 i think it looks and feels great. It seems to run brilliantly for the purposes I use it for which are browsing and media consumption. The chrome browser is a bit laggy and crashed once

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Received mine last night here in the UK. Very nice screen-its amazing indeed. Very fast and fluid operation overall. However like the previous poster stated the Chrome browser crashed on me but it actually froze the whole device and it subsequently rebooted itself. Also noticing some light bleed at the bottom right of screen.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Received mine last night here in the UK. Very nice screen-its amazing indeed. Very fast and fluid operation overall. However like the previous poster stated the Chrome browser crashed on me but it actually froze the whole device and it subsequently rebooted itself. Also noticing some light bleed at the bottom right of screen.

Awesome! That screen must look amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought one and have it now. Other than a couple of setting issues I love it. I own an iPad 1 which is giving major problems and needed to be replaced. Bought a Nexus 7 this summer and loved it, but some things need a bigger screen. Didn't even consider another iPad, and so far I'm glad I went with the Nexus 10!

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yip the screen is like something I have never seen before. Device seems to have settled down now with no crashes or problems. Battery life is going well too. Battery level now at 71% and has been on for 5 hours 32 minutes with reasonably heavy use this evening including YouTube web browsing and game playing and testing out HDMI connection.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Got my Nexus 10 today! The screen is really great and performance is outstanding. I normally use my tablet for web browsing and Chrome works really good as it does on my S3. I really like the overall feel of the device and the grippy feel which makes it very easy to hold and type. I don't mind the notification bar on the top but really don't like the centered nav buttons in addition to all the wasted space on the navbar. I'll load AOKP once they release a ROM to fix my complaints about the navbar. Previous TF101 owner and very happy with the upgrade.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's probably not a fair comparison since I didn't do a factory reset on my Transformer Infinity TF700, but my perception of performance is that the N10 wins hands down. The N10 feels more smooth, fluid and polished. I enjoyed the Infinity but so far the N10 has it beat in every way.

JeffSlay

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It's probably not a fair comparison since I didn't do a factory reset on my Transformer Infinity TF700, but my perception of performance is that the N10 wins hands down. The N10 feels more smooth, fluid and polished. I enjoyed the Infinity but so far the N10 has it beat in every way.
I too had a TF700 and returned it to get the Nexus 10. In the short time that I've been using the N10, I'm very glad I did. It is much quicker than the TF700. No lag at all.