color saturation

Ed 115

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Currently am typing on my brand new nexus and loving it! I've been using super amoled screens forever and was just wondering if its just me or is the nexus screen a little washed out? I hope they don't have issues like how the nexus 7 did with their first batch. Any input would be great.

djflan

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The color saturation is actually closer to what a calibrated monitor would look like. AMOLED tablet screens are notorious for oversaturation.
Once your eyes get used to it, it will be difficult going back to a more natural screen.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The color saturation is actually closer to what a calibrated monitor would look like. AMOLED tablet screens are notorious for oversaturation.
Once your eyes get used to it, it will be difficult going back to a more natural screen.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

See, that's the thing... This tablet is not AMOLED.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
See, that's the thing... This tablet is not AMOLED.

What he's saying is that AMOLED is oversaturated (opposite of washed out), so if this screen seems "washed out" that's because it's actually a more natural depiction of accurate color temperature.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
What he's saying is that AMOLED is oversaturated (opposite of washed out), so if this screen seems "washed out" that's because it's actually a more natural depiction of accurate color temperature.

Oh, just reread... Thanks for the clarification.