Really Loving My Nexus 10 and the Awesome battery!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been playing with my Nexus 10 for about 3 hours yesterday + or - 10 minutes and the battery only dropped 36%.
brightness was set to ~25% at the first hour then I set it to ~15% the next couple of hours.
Installed ~50 apps, also Ice Age was downloading in the background at that time. I was trying out a lot of apps and many was running in the background.

streamed video and music for approx 15 minutes. rebooted the tablet couple of times.

When i use my Touchpad my hands would feel uncomfortable after about an hour of use. didn't feel any stress on my arm.
It was thin and light and the screen was gorgeous.

When I was downloading those ~50 apps the playstore app(especially my app section) was a bit laggy(flicker) but once the download was done it was back to normal.
when downloading movies the tablet throttled my wifi. my laptop connected to the same wifi was a bit slow. it was downloading 2 gb of Ice Age so cant blame.

Once it lagged a bit when i opened my settings. i have to say the processor was under stress with all the apps and downloads.

with all those installed i still had about ~10 Gb space remaining. Thats it.

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm so damn excited to get mine. I'm glad your battery is so good, read somewhere people had complaints about it, but i assumed they were bad batteries.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is my idle time battery status. Charged full this morning and left it untouched for 9 hour 42 minutes.

came back and checked the battery status. after 9 hrs and 42 minutes its on 99%

Screenshot_2012-11-27-17-53-37.jpg

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
after using 2 hrs and 20 minutes (1 hour video and 1.3 hours on screen usage)
+
10 hours of idle time
=
my battery is at 80%

if we ignore idle time 20% = 2.30 hours so a full charge should easily last me 11.5 hours

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm so damn excited to get mine. I'm glad your battery is so good, read somewhere people had complaints about it, but i assumed they were bad batteries.

The batteries aren't bad, but some of us are comparing to other tablets, like the Xoom, which seem to have a better battery life.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
it took a week for my battery to settle down and start to achive some great run times

Yep, as I posted before, it takes new Lithium (and Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries several cycles to come to their full life (and then they will be their best for a long while and then slowly start to degrade).

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Here is my idle time battery status. Charged full this morning and left it untouched for 9 hour 42 minutes.
came back and checked the battery status. after 9 hrs and 42 minutes its on 99%

Untouched/unused with no background stuff going on, modern Android tablets and phones use very little battery (phones not as great as tablets, since they have to constantly chatter with a tower).

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
it took a week for my battery to settle down and start to achive some great run times

You have a pretty impressive resume of phones. I had almost every single one of those except the blackberry, nexus 10, palm pixi, and logitech revue, and then some others like the touch, touch diamond, EO LTE and the touch pro 2 and a few I am forgetting. I now have the Note 2 and did have the Note 1. Like you I am a tech junkie (cell phones).

groan

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is currently at 35% and has been going for just over 16 hours. It's had 6 hours of screen time. Part of the trick is I don't keep it at 100% brightness. I actually keep it at about 40 percent. Plenty bright enough for most of my entertainment.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
finally after 4 days my battery went below 10% I had about 8 hrs of screen time.

So I believe i would get about 10 hrs screen time if I use it straight.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have also had great battery life, i think the biggest key to this is to have the brightness below 50% for a majority of the time. even having the brightness on 30-40% it is still decent.

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have loved my N10 since minute one, but today I just fell in love again if that's even possible. I received my USB Host Mode OTG Cable and Motorola Wireless Keyboard. With Nexus Media Importer my device is almost an laptop replacement and my plan is to use it as a second computer docked at my work desk connected to a 21in monitor, i'm an IT guy at a school and when i'm on a ticket run I just un-dock the N10 which takes 1 second and i'm off.

Things my N10 can do
Print (Printhand)
Edit Documents (KingSoft)
Use USB devices (Nexus Media Importer)
Full Web Browsing (Firefox with Flash)
Game
Video Chat (Skype)
Call and Text (Google Voice)
Browse my work & home network folders (ES File Explorer)
Remote Access my desktops and laptops (Splashtop)
Handwriting Detection with Jot Pro (WritePad)
Remote Access to work servers (PocketCloud)
And TONS of other stuff that I use on a daily basis as the N10 has become my weapon of choice for almost everything I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty