Is the Nexus 10 worth it?

Cynthia Blue

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 10 as my first tablet... didn't really need a tablet, but you now how it goes. :) Anyway I love it. I'm tightly tied into Google products, and when I logged in, all my gmail, Calendar, etc were all there. It also automatically downloaded all my Android apps from my phone (which I didn't necessarily want, and not sure if they always sync between devices or if I can prevent some by device, still figuring that out).

Anyway, I'm still learning what it can do, but so far, I love it. :)

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is my first tablet as well and I've only had my S3 for a few months. I've got my nexus 10 to do all my main web surfing on and am loving it so far. I'm just getting used to the swipe keyboard, which I'm even finding a bit quicker than on my phone.

Loving it so far.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday for Christmas and I'm in love with it. I've tried several android tablets and the iPads and this is by far the best one available IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

nbieter

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is good. I just got it and the experience isn't as smooth as the 7 nor is the app ecosystem there like the 7. I use the ten for media consumption (movies look AMAZING on it) and Web browsing. The app ecosystem is getting better, for example they just released tapatalk hd for tablets and it looks great on it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

jasonbird

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
i bought one today at WalMart. i was looking on Amazon and for some crazy reason, they are selling the 16 Gig version for $599?? WTF!! somebody on there said try walmart and i'm glad i did. all of the Wichita walmarts were sold out but the Derby store said limited stock. Went there and they must have had 5 in the case, 32 Gigs for $499. sweet deal. only been playing with it for a while but the screen is nice! i only wish that the 3rd party applications would start to make hardware for them. I was so close to buying an iPad just so i could get a Mackie DL1608. i'll keep hounding them (Mackie) to show Android some love....i really wish there were more Music and recording apps available. Microphone etc. i'll keep wishing and looking....but, the Nexus 10 is definately worth it I think.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
just got mine for christmas too. Already have the 10.1 note and had 7 inchers in the past but never a Nexus device so this will be my first. To be hones if any one other that Sammy made it i may not have asked for it. I am a Sammy fan. So far I like it just need to get use to stock but I might just root it and see if theres something like TWZ for it lol Got the 32GB one so i don't have to worry about space. Love my wife for this gift more now lol. Things is wish I was able to use and do with it is All Share Cast. I read some where that a MIMO Router is better for this tablet so I went and picked one up today. I'll test the speeds before and after to see how it does. All of our phones and tablets run 2.4 & 5 Ghz so i wanted a new router anyway. Hopefully they come out wit ha keyboard dock for this think. I do find that the speakers don't sound as loud as my 10.1 note does. Anyone else find them low or is there a setting im missing?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Motorola Xoom 4GLTE, I can honestly say that this is a HUGE upgrade. The most noticeable upgrades are the display, depth, and weight. Google and Samsung definitely got this unit right. But I have to admit I am very curious to see what Motorola has coming down the pipe on their next full sized tablet.

DownhillNexus

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my Nexus 10 32Gb tablet and currently don't have a smartphone. Buuuuut, this tablet now has made me want to go purchase an Android smartphone! If I do go buy an Android smartphone with a Verizon data plan, does the nexus 10 have a free app so I can get wifi from my smartphone and allow the use of my Nexus 10 in my vehicle? I apologize for this very noob question, smartphones/apps are a complete new thing for me. I've been living in the dark ages!

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
If you like the pure Google experience then yes I think it is the best. I had a galaxy tab 10.1 and I found it to be laggy and slow. Next came the nexus 7 and although it was good for the price the screen was just too sub par for me. I traded up to the nexus 10 and it was well worth the money. Everyone has a different perspective on such things but I can't imagine anyone looking for a great tablet and not liking this one. Unless of course you prefer an iPad which is great too. Personally I've always preferred android.

On a side note it's a shame wall mart doesn't display these because once you get this baby in your hands you'll be sold :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Dale M

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my Nexus 10 32Gb tablet and currently don't have a smartphone. Buuuuut, this tablet now has made me want to go purchase an Android smartphone! If I do go buy an Android smartphone with a Verizon data plan, does the nexus 10 have a free app so I can get wifi from my smartphone and allow the use of my Nexus 10 in my vehicle? I apologize for this very noob question, smartphones/apps are a complete new thing for me. I've been living in the dark ages!

I have a RAZR M and a Nexus 10. My cell provider is Verizon, and the phone has a bundled app for using the phone as a hotspot or tether. It is easy to set up.

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
You will be able to use the wifi on your N10 to connect to the internet using your phone if your phone has hotspot capability. Some phones/cell carriers have thus feature enabled and as part of the cost while others may charge an extra monthly fee and/or software download. I am not familiar with all carriers. Check with the store when you buy your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-VM670

DownhillNexus

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a RAZR M and a Nexus 10. My cell provider is Verizon, and the phone has a bundled app for using the phone as a hotspot or tether. It is easy to set up.

Excellent. Bundled app so you can use it as a hotspot via a free app or you pay extra a month on your phone bill? This Nexus 10 is like having a computer, without the hassle. Great stuff.

you can also root your phone and download a wifi teather app, its free and legal

Thank you, I need to do more research on this "root" everyone keeps talking about. Which exact wifi teather app do you use to connect your smartphone to your Nexus tablet? I did a search in the Googe Store on my Nexus10 and so many options came up. Thank you.

You will be able to use the wifi on your N10 to connect to the internet using your phone if your phone has hotspot capability. Some phones/cell carriers have thus feature enabled and as part of the cost while others may charge an extra monthly fee and/or software download. I am not familiar with all carriers. Check with the store when you buy your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-VM670

Thank you! My smartphone will continue to be Verizon, guess it's finally time to start seeing what phones have hotspot capability WITHOUT paying extra per month. Already hate the fact i'm going to have to pay extra for a data plan but I guess it's time to step up to the rest of the world.

R Lee Davis

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Get an hotspot app called FoxFi, it is free unless you 'upgrade' for around 6 bucks...Works great and if you have your unlimited plan still that means its all free!!!!