Can't download music right now?

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 10 and it is quite different that my Samsung Galaxy S3. I got this message in my notification bar (Can't download music right now). I did not ask it to download and music. Why is it trying to do this and how do I stop it?

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would download a song, but I got the same message. Since I really didn't care about the song, it didn't bother me. However, the "can't download...right now" message kept showing up in the notifications drop down list. There was a pin showing so I thought it must have something to do with that. I went to the music library and was finally able to remove the pin and the msg disappeared. Sorry, I don't remember how I deleted the pin. Look in your library and see if anything shows up with a pin icon and go from there. That's all I can suggest. Maybe someone who actually knows something will chime in. I decided not to try and buy and download any music from Google Play until I understand stuff better. I transferred some albums from my desktip with the usb cable and that worked okay.

Biz Markie

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
On my Nexus 4 I just hold down on the pin notification for a moment and the "app info" option appears. Select it and then "clear all data". Not sure what "all data" implies but my own mp3's in the music folder are ok, and it makes the pin go away.

Terry Cameron

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just tap the pin inside the album / song it's downloading, that will remove it from being downloaded to the device.

The pin background turns blue when it's downloaded.

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a number of states of the pin symbol:-

• Angled
  • Vertical / grey
  • Vertical / amber
  • Vertical / blue

Can anyone explain these states?

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been refreshing my library with several albums and individual tracks downloading sucessfully but the last three tracks won't download. My wireless network looks fine and there's plenty of space on my SD card.

Could the problem be with Google Play itself?

Where is the library stored on the SD card?

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I was also having trouble streaming the first track in the download list so I removed it from the queue and the second track downloaded fine. The third track eventually downloaded after about an hour and several retries so I added the first track again and it downloaded after a few attempts.

My (rash) conclusion from this is that there can be problems with the Google Play servers (or wherever in the cloud my library is stored) which can hold up downloading your queued tracks. However, removing selected items from the queue and requeueing them later may allow everything to download (eventually).

I still don't know where they ended up on my phone though!

Hope that helps.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind Google just launched their Streaming Music service. Those who join now [before the end of either may or june?] will get a discount in pricing [7.99 instead of 9.99 per month]. This may be impacting their servers.