when I woke up my Nexus 10 was on the floor ..will it survive a 4feet fall?

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My tablet fell 4 feet while charging.. now theres a problem everytime I charge it. I dont know if the CHARGER was damaged, ( I saw the tip bended, so i straightened it out) OR the USB PORT of my Nexus 10 =(
Donkey A-ss! Has any one dropped their nexus 10? what happened? any internal damage... Im just scared because its made by samsung which we all know makes flimsy gadgets!:(

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
NOw I have to push my charger tip downwards for it to charge...so GOODbye playing tablet while charging
hay
I just hope it didnt damage anything inside

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Replace your USB cable ASAP. With any luck you did not damage the internal charging circuit or connection. The tip of your cable may "look straight" to you but the pins inside the tip need to be perfectly aligned. If you hadn't dropped it on the connection while charging I'd say you would have no problems with your UIT (Unscheduled Impact Test). Since you actually observed cable damage you've got to replace that piece at least. Wish you the best.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Replace your USB cable ASAP. With any luck you did not damage the internal charging circuit or connection. The tip of your cable may "look straight" to you but the pins inside the tip need to be perfectly aligned. If you hadn't dropped it on the connection while charging I'd say you would have no problems with your UIT (Unscheduled Impact Test). Since you actually observed cable damage you've got to replace that piece at least. Wish you the best.

It still charges when i used the damaged charger with the bent pin..BUT I have to push it down so it can charge or else it wont... so it means I have to charge it lying face down on a platform. No more playing games while charging...

anyway.. what is a UIT? Im just worried that something internal like the USB Port ITSELF was damaged. since I did not know how it fell. but just saw the charging pin bent out of shape ( I had to put on pressure on it for it to straighten out ) hopefully my nexus10's usb port wasnt damaged :(

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It still charges when i used the damaged charger with the bent pin..BUT I have to push it down so it can charge or else it wont... so it means I have to charge it lying face down on a platform. No more playing games while charging...

anyway.. what is a UIT? Im just worried that something internal like the USB Port ITSELF was damaged. since I did not know how it fell. but just saw the charging pin bent out of shape ( I had to put on pressure on it for it to straighten out ) hopefully my nexus10's usb port wasnt damaged :(

I put the definition of UIT in parentheses .... U nscheduled I mpact T est

If it is charging at all then you "probably" did not damage the internal circuit or connection. Try a different USB cable. But only one of the ones I recommended. If you don't have one hit your local Radio Shack and turn on your charm! Get them to "test" a USB cable for you in the store. If the charging light doesn't come on with a "known good cable" then the reason you have to mess with yours to get it charging is because of internal damage to the tablet. If the charging indicator comes right on then throw away the USB cable you have now and buy the one from the nice geek at the Radio Shack and enjoy your N10. Or just say "thank you" to the geek, blow him a kiss, and go buy the same cable for half the price at WalMart. But you didn't hear me say that ... I hate effing WalMart and would rather pay an extra $3 to keep a Radio Shack in business in my neighborhood.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
sad thing is We dont have radio shack here in the Philippines hahaha
sucks to be us
anyway. if I had my usb cable tested . and it doesnt light up ..it means the usb cable is busted right?
Ill try going back to the one who sold it and just pass it off as damaged usb charger..hopefully theyll replace it...hayyy still covered by the 1 year warranty right

I put the definition of UIT in parentheses .... U nscheduled I mpact T est

If it is charging at all then you "probably" did not damage the internal circuit or connection. Try a different USB cable. But only one of the ones I recommended. If you don't have one hit your local Radio Shack and turn on your charm! Get them to "test" a USB cable for you in the store. If the charging light doesn't come on with a "known good cable" then the reason you have to mess with yours to get it charging is because of internal damage to the tablet. If the charging indicator comes right on then throw away the USB cable you have now and buy the one from the nice geek at the Radio Shack and enjoy your N10. Or just say "thank you" to the geek, blow him a kiss, and go buy the same cable for half the price at WalMart. But you didn't hear me say that ... I hate effing WalMart and would rather pay an extra $3 to keep a Radio Shack in business in my neighborhood.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
sad thing is We dont have radio shack here in the Philippines hahaha
sucks to be us
anyway. if I had my usb cable tested . and it doesnt light up ..it means the usb cable is busted right?
Ill try going back to the one who sold it and just pass it off as damaged usb charger..hopefully theyll replace it...hayyy still covered by the 1 year warranty right

Ahh the Philippines! Beautiful country ... visited there many years ago. Had way too much fun in Manila! .... errrr, that's a story for another day and probably another Forum ... LOL

Sorry for assuming you had a Radio Shack or WalMart. The damned things are everywhere here like a fungus.

Take your old USB cable, say a prayer and throw it in the Taal volcano. You should be good to go.

:)

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Ahh the Philippines! Beautiful country ... visited there many years ago. Had way too much fun in Manila! .... errrr, that's a story for another day and probably another Forum ... LOL

Sorry for assuming you had a Radio Shack or WalMart. The damned things are everywhere here like a fungus.

Take your old USB cable, say a prayer and throw it in the Taal volcano. You should be good to go.

:)

nice place, just hate the politicians.. anyway..YOu think it would damage my tablet if I continue to use it?
haaay...i hope the fuc-king vendors who sold me that can be convinced that its a factory damage and replace it with a new one

wish me luck ..

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
nice place, just hate the politicians.. anyway..YOu think it would damage my tablet if I continue to use it?
haaay...i hope the fuc-king vendors who sold me that can be convinced that its a factory damage and replace it with a new one

wish me luck ..

It's a tricky question. Any time you have to "wiggle" a cable to get a power connection you run the risk of causing a short circuit that will definitely fry a component. If we were talking about wiggling a cable to get a data connection I'd have a better feeling about it but when it comes to the charging circuit I'd be really worried about having to do ANYTHING besides just plugging it in and watching the light come on.

To be honest, if I was having the same problem you are right now I wouldn't use the tablet at all unless I had enough battery charge already to get me through it. Once I got below 20% I'd just shut it off and go in search of a replacement USB cable that would connect to the charging block and the tablet and would work immediately. If it wasn't a genuine Nexus 10 USB cable that wouldn't bother me too much as long as the charging light came on right away and also the SD card would be recognized when connected to a PC or laptop. That would tell me the pins were configured correctly. I would then hope the cable could handle the amp load by having the proper insulation and cores which you can easily determine through feel. It is normal to feel some warmth through your fingers near the connector ends since that is where the most resistance is as current is being pushed from one end and restricted at the other end. It is NOT normal for a charging cable to feel warm in the middle of the cable length unless it is incapable of carrying the current load or the resistance is so high at either end that it is backing up into the strands of the cable thus generating heat. If you experience this, unplug the cable immediately.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
dam-n i just left it at home charging ..shi-tfu-ck! sigh... Ill try to replace it on monday.
but wait If I use it for USB transfer is it alright?

I get you point when your saying that it might fry my gadget... thats what happened to my HTC EVO 3D.. i dont know how..but the cable just got all looney..before when i charged it it would say (CHARGING AC) now it says (CHARGING USB) ..im like why? it also affected my unit I guess since my HTC EVO 3D is always shutting down and restarting

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
dam-n i just left it at home charging ..shi-tfu-ck! sigh... Ill try to replace it on monday.
but wait If I use it for USB transfer is it alright?

I get you point when your saying that it might fry my gadget... thats what happened to my HTC EVO 3D.. i dont know how..but the cable just got all looney..before when i charged it it would say (CHARGING AC) now it says (CHARGING USB) ..im like why? it also affected my unit I guess since my HTC EVO 3D is always shutting down and restarting

Welllll again a tricky question. If you plug it into a PC or laptop to transfer data you must realize it is also transferring power. The only difference is a PC or laptop USB port is only putting out 1/2 amp power but still enough to fry something if there's a direct short circuit. Time for you to hit amazon.com or your local retailer and get some new, high quality, USB cables for phone and tablet. :)

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I really hope it doesnt burn out..or that its not the tablet that defective from the fall I hope everything is alright ...

Welllll again a tricky question. If you plug it into a PC or laptop to transfer data you must realize it is also transferring power. The only difference is a PC or laptop USB port is only putting out 1/2 amp power but still enough to fry something if there's a direct short circuit. Time for you to hit amazon.com or your local retailer and get some new, high quality, USB cables for phone and tablet. :)

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope everything is all right on it. Another angle on testing your exact scenario - can you take that USB cord and use it on something ~else~ and not have to push it to get it to work?

I'd want to make sure the USB port is not damaged, because it does data transfer in addition to charging - but just FYI if somehow its only the charging aspect that's messed up, you could get a $20 POGO charger cable, that will plug into an entirely different area on your N10! (And actually sounds like you could benefit from the Pogo's magnetic break-away design.)

Best of luck!

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Nexus 10Charger with the damaged tip on my HTC evo 3D..it charged okay.. only in nexus 10 do i have to push it down to make sure it touches the tip... my only concern is that I hope it wont Short my unit...Im planning to buy the magnetic pogo..sad thing is .theres none available here in the Philppines:(

so if anyone of you are planning to visit the phil.. you can buy me one .from wherever you are where those pogo chargers are available and Ill just pay you =P but thats just a thought...hope the magnetic pogo chargers arrive here in the philippines

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Do a search in the POGO threads to order from the manufacture in Korea or see if you can order from Amazon or Ebay. Thet aren't available in stores.