Nexus 10 or iPad 4?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Why do I have to root to get PIE controls, why do I need to install a custom ROM to use HALO why do I have to flash a custom kernel to get my desired battery/performance ratio? ;)
No seriously I love flashing that ****:p

Posted via Android Central App

LOL. There no perfect phone, yet. Maybe the new Motorola that you get to build will be the one.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I would say the awesome nexus 4(I will shamelessly admit I'm a nexus fanboy) is perfect,just needs a 4200MAH battery LOL

I refuse to walk around with a fat phone! The only time I would do that is maybe on a long trip. My SGS3 gets through the day pretty easy. I would like to try out the Nexus 4 (or 5) though.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to walk around with a fat phone! The only time I would do that is maybe on a long trip. My SGS3 gets through the day pretty easy. I would like to try out the Nexus 4 (or 5) though.
Surprisingly the awesome folk at XDA did that and it wasn't that much thicker.

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on my third Nexus 10. The first day I got it, it (surprise) crashed. Still lags when connected via HDMI. At least the RMA process is not painful. Seriously though, if one is considering a tablet, I'd hold out for the newer N10 or the up coming N7.

Matthew Clemons

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I myslef have an iPad mini 64GB and white... I HATE it. It's nothing compared to an iPad 4, I understand, but the user interface is so bland. I have a Galaxy S4 and I love it! The android operating system is just as smooth as IOS. The app selection is almost the same, with the big apps that you actually use. I want to sell my iPad and get a N10 and pocket the rest of the money. My best friend has an iPad 4 and she hardly uses it. She said "Too many apps are for iPhone, not iPad, so its pixelated and ugly." I know that it is dead and sitting on her bedside table.:)

sjoukes

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone 4s and a KFHD which I rooted...I wanted to get a new tablet and after reading these posts have decided that
nexus 10 is the one for me, I will be buying the nexus from cex and trading in my KFHD to go towards the cost
would I be able to keep all the apps I got in my google account

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Front facing speakers are amazing and will now always be a deciding factor when purchasing any tablet or phone. HTC really spoiled me on it. Just waiting to see if the next nexus 10 is coming this year

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Studies such as www.canalys.com/download/tablet_apps.pdf make me think I ought to replace my iPad 1 with an iPad 5 rather than an N10 or whatever its successor will be called. I use the browser more than apps, but when I do use apps, I want them to take advantage of a tablet's form factor (e.g., additional features rather than just scaling up the phone version's UI).

sdreelin

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have both (personal - Nexus 10 / work - iPad 4). Each has advantages and disadvantages. I personally love the Nexus 10 due to the 16:9 screen since I watch a lot of movies on it. The front speakers are awesome to have. The price is right too. The iPad has the advantage of their being a million accessories for it. There are lots of cool things for it outside the normal things too (think: DJ equipment). The iTunes Store does have a bit more content than the Play Store as far as media goes, but Google is catching up fast. The Android ecosystem is my favorite for its widgets, notifications, and customizations as well as being able to do things you can't on IOS (like run XBMC without the need to jailbreak). The battery life is better on the iPad, but the Nexus 10 is not terrible. Using both I can really say they are very comparable and really it comes down to which ecosystem you prefer.

Arghya Chatterjee

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the similar kind of problem. I am planning to buy a tablet to read research articles published in PDF. I have also narrowed down the choice to Nexus 10 and iPad 4. My problem is I need a system which can display two column pages containing text and some graphics. I do not wish to read in the wide screen mode. Now, based on the pictures I saw on YouTube, it seems iPad has a better width than Nexus, which has an elongated screen for horizontal watching. This, i assume will make reading two column PDF documents somewhat better to read in iPad 4. However, iPad will tie me up with Apple store and I do not want to pay for even minor apps, whereas I have a large collection of free apps in Nexus.

I could not compare them side by side as nexus 10 is not available in India and is available only as mail order delivery. However, YouTube videos show that in the vertical position, the keyboard width is somewhat smaller in Nexus 10 but better in iPad.

Then again, my wife has an Android mobile and I use old fashioned mobiles and I wish to have the pure android experience (I believe within the next 2 years, the app quality and quantity and the android experience will far surpass iOS!) of Nexus 10. But the priority is reading two column PDF pages in vertical position.

Confused!! :(

Anyone had such experience? Can anybody post a side by side screenshot of Nexus 10 and iPad with two column PDF docs opened? :)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the similar kind of problem. I am planning to buy a tablet to read research articles published in PDF. I have also narrowed down the choice to Nexus 10 and iPad 4. My problem is I need a system which can display two column pages containing text and some graphics. I do not wish to read in the wide screen mode. Now, based on the pictures I saw on YouTube, it seems iPad has a better width than Nexus, which has an elongated screen for horizontal watching. This, i assume will make reading two column PDF documents somewhat better to read in iPad 4. However, iPad will tie me up with Apple store and I do not want to pay for even minor apps, whereas I have a large collection of free apps in Nexus.

I could not compare them side by side as nexus 10 is not available in India and is available only as mail order delivery. However, YouTube videos show that in the vertical position, the keyboard width is somewhat smaller in Nexus 10 but better in iPad.

Then again, my wife has an Android mobile and I use old fashioned mobiles and I wish to have the pure android experience (I believe within the next 2 years, the app quality and quantity and the android experience will far surpass iOS!) of Nexus 10. But the priority is reading two column PDF pages in vertical position.

Confused!! :(

Anyone had such experience? Can anybody post a side by side screenshot of Nexus 10 and iPad with two column PDF docs opened? :)

If you have an example of the type of PDF you are refering to I can try and and post a screen shot from my N10

Arghya Chatterjee

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
If you have an example of the type of PDF you are refering to I can try and and post a screen shot from my N10

Hi Devlyn16,

Thanks for replying. I am going to read articles in PDF docs in two column. It will be something like the first PDF result that shows up on the "reinhart rogoff growth in a time of debt" search in Google. The location of the article is http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/rogoff/files/growth_in_time_debt_aer.pdf (Mods please do not delete the post, this link goes to the Harvard University website). The article has two columns per page. I need to see whether in the vertical mode in N10 the words shrink to such a level that it becomes difficult to read. I tried reading the article in wife's 4.3 inch mobile and the words were illegible. This is what I need to check. If you can post a screenshot, that will be extremely helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa