Proper Landscape mode in tablets

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else mad about apps that open in Portrait mode no matter what? Nice first impression you are creating dummy. This means you LA Times and many others. Programmers qualified from a coupon on a cereal box? Special mention to Huffington Post for cutting off the bottom of every story tile on the web site.
A way to contact them on this is typically non-existent. Android is designed to allow for different size devices. Earth to programmers. Think I'll start a list.

Please add your list.

The147Man

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend the Ultimate Rotation Control app, available in the Play Store. I'm the scout on my son's basketball team, and use Cybersports Basketball to keep statistics. This app will run in landscape by default, but it will *not* flip 180 degrees when you turn your device upside down. Which was a nuisance, since I have a cover that functions as a stand (when I have a table available at the gym), but only works as a stand in one orientation. Ultimate Rotation Control now forces Cybersports Basketball to flip along with the device, which has been a lifesaver for me. You can configure it per app, also to force an app to always open in landscape or portrait, or the other way round: force it to follow the orientation of the device, even when the app itself always opens in landscape.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company that brings Ultimate Rotation Control, other than being a happy user.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend the Ultimate Rotation Control app, available in the Play Store. I'm the scout on my son's basketball team, and use Cybersports Basketball to keep statistics. This app will run in landscape by default, but it will *not* flip 180 degrees when you turn your device upside down. Which was a nuisance, since I have a cover that functions as a stand (when I have a table available at the gym), but only works as a stand in one orientation. Ultimate Rotation Control now forces Cybersports Basketball to flip along with the device, which has been a lifesaver for me. You can configure it per app, also to force an app to always open in landscape or portrait, or the other way round: force it to follow the orientation of the device, even when the app itself always opens in landscape.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company that brings Ultimate Rotation Control, other than being a happy user.

This would be an example of one of those times if I could acess my play store wish list via a browser and add the app should i need it in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress