Nexus 10 Tablet - Problems getting around flash player

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
All I want flash player for is to watch some videos on ESPN. I have tried going to tablet version but it doesn't let me get to some of the videos that I want to see. I downloaded flash from the website and I tried opening it on next launcher but it just gives me a blank gray screen. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to use the dolphin browser to make flash work. I will see if I can find the website that shows you how to do it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There is a way to use the dolphin browser to make flash work. I will see if I can find the website that shows you how to do it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks a ton! It worked but stupid ESPN is still saying it if not authorized on my device. I'm glad the flash works but I don't understand why Google and flash can't work something out. This is so inconvenient. Thanks though!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton! It worked but stupid ESPN is still saying it if not authorized on my device. I'm glad the flash works but I don't understand why Google and flash can't work something out. This is so inconvenient. Thanks though!

Because Adobe stopped supporting Flash for mobile devices. Google has nothing to do with it.

always_black

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Number of sites using flash is still extensive. So i reflashed back to 4.3 after running 4.4 for a day or so. 4.4 did not give me anything that important. But it all depends on what you use your device for i guess

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Fact is that Flash was a failed experiment. Adobe pulled the plug on it. Yeah, it worked...kinda, but still consumed too many resources and was never that great in implementation on Android, at least not in my opinion.

Not really anything to blame on Google, and frankly I sort of understand why Adobe decided to trash the project.

For the record, I used to have issues getting ESPN videos to play even Flash was still being supported, so I'm not sure it would really make a difference.

Number of sites using flash is still extensive. So i reflashed back to 4.3 after running 4.4 for a day or so. 4.4 did not give me anything that important. But it all depends on what you use your device for i guess

This is true, and it's a shame that here in 2014 there are still as many sites that utilize Flash as there are...

I decided a while ago to just let it go...I've never even installed Flash on my Nexus 10...just didn't seem worth the hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38