Can I use the 299$ 8GB Nexus on T-mobile?

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here. I'm from WPcentral and was planning on getting a cheap 300 dollar device for T-mobile. I was planning on buying the 8S until Google drop this bomb, now I need this phone real bad.

Which brings me to my topic tile question, I don't want a contract so I want to know if the 300$ device will work on the big T. =)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here. I'm from WPcentral and was planning on getting a cheap 300 dollar device for T-mobile. I was planning on buying the 8S until Google drop this bomb, now I need this phone real bad.

Which brings me to my topic tile question, I don't want a contract so I want to know if the 300$ device will work on the big T. =)

Yes. They're also offering a $200 version subsidized version.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. Google better have enough phones in stock because I want it day one :D.

Another question and this will be the last one sorry, If I buy the phone directly from google, then I won't have to pay taxes right? My credit card maxes out at 300 dollars, I wouldn't be able to buy the phone otherwise =(.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Another question and this will be the last one sorry, If I buy the phone directly from google, then I won't have to pay taxes right? My credit card maxes out at 300 dollars, I wouldn't be able to buy the phone otherwise =(.

I believe they'll still charge sales tax, depending on location. They did with the N7, so I see no reason why this is different.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, their is sales tax.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

They also charge shipping so the 8gb will be more like $330.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If you plan on using T-Mobile, just don't buy the $199 subsidized one. Buy it unlocked and save $20/month on service. The $150 savings from a subsidy isn't worth it.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish but I never pass T-mobile's credit check. I wonder though, Will T-mobile offer the phone at full price without the contract? If so I can just waltz right there on launch day and don't have to worry about getting my device at the mail =D.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish but I never pass T-mobile's credit check. I wonder though, Will T-mobile offer the phone at full price without the contract? If so I can just waltz right there on launch day and don't have to worry about getting my device at the mail =D.

Yes. Or you can just get one of their Prepaid plans. You don't even have to buy the phone from them either, you could buy online also.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Probably but full retail from Google and full retail from T-MOBILE are two different things. It'll likely be $600 ish from them.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Probably but full retail from Google and full retail from T-MOBILE are two different things. It'll likely be $600 ish from them.

No, it'll be the same price... They're just reselling Google's unlocked phones. It's not a special SKU. It'll be $299/$349 (or thereabouts).

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

HOLY SH-

No, it'll be the same price... They're just reselling Google's unlocked phones. It's not a special SKU. It'll be $299/$349 (or thereabouts).

Oooh, phfew. I'll get the unlock version on T-mobile then, I can't buy it online it seems. Thanks a lot guys, you are a helpful bunch.

Ptrm

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Or you can just get one of their Prepaid plans. You don't even have to buy the phone from them either, you could buy online also.

I recommend what this user said and go with the $30 a month prepaid plan that gets you 5gb data, unlimited texts, and 100 minutes a month. At $350, buying the phone on contract dosn't seem worth it.

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site

If they do offer it at full price who knows what the TMO full price would be? My guess is that it's much higher than the play store's full price.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Just because its the same phone doesn't mean it'll be the same price. You said it yourself....its $199 and $20 a month for 20 months. That's the price of the retail price assuming you are right in that price and its not just $199 on a classic plan.

The value plans require down payment and then the payments to equal full retail. For example I paid a down payment of $150 for s3 then the $20 for 20 for a total of $550.

I have a feeling they won't sell this on the value plan but I suppose they might. I would certainly rather walk in on launch day and buy for $350 and save $12 ish on shipping.