Are you a diehard nexus/Stock Android fan?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a die hard Nexus/Stock Android fan. I love everything about Android and its not like i hate skinned Android but i like nexus/Stock Android better.

so what are you? Are you a Diehard Nexus fan?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope, this will be my first try of the Nexus line. I am used to the HTC sense, only going with nexus as my phone broke and Xiaomi which uses MUI has a gay market strategy.Maybe in the future I will be, but I didn't really know of the nexus line as such, I knew of the htc version but thats about it.

moadalove03

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I do consider myself a die-hard android fan although the N7 is my 1st Nexus device, which I actually purchased today. I also plan on purchasing the Nexus 4. Nexus from here on out!!!!

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Although I won't be buying another device for a while, the Nexus 7 was my first Android device and I wouldn't think of going to anything but stock Android now. Some manufactures such as Asus are apparently close to stock but the Nexus's are great.

Sent from my Nexus 7

jamesey10

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the Nexus line because google updates it frequently, and supports updating it for more than a year. My Samsung Vibrant easy handles Jellybean ROMS, but Tmobile stopped updating it at version 2.2.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Nexus has the best appeal of any phone IMO. Ever since the Galaxy Nexus I really liked them, but never got the Galaxy Note. Due to being on AT&T and having an upgrade at the time. I tried Samsung(S2, Skyrocket, International Note which is my daily horse, LG and HTC) This will be my first Nexus(4). But I think nothing can be pure android. TouchWiz is A LOT better than it used to be, but I still like pure android. HTC sense got better as well but I just don't like their UI. LG's UI, from last I had sucks. Or at least all their stock icons and all suck terribly. I had their first HD screen when it came out, the screen was GORGEOUS! But everything else left a lot to be desired.

Can't wait till I get a shipment confirmation(or I hope so) when I order Tuesday morning!

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Diehard Stock fan? Yes, even though my last 3 phones had sense.
Diehard Nexus Fan? No. If Moto made a stock android phone, I'd buy it even if it wasnt a Nexus. Maybe even a sony one. End of the day I want a Stock Android phone. Sadly that day seems far from today.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nexus 7 for my stock Android experience. For a phone I actually like some of the skins that the OEMs design, specifically Panasonic, Sony, and Motorola.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Nexus has the best appeal of any phone IMO. Ever since the Galaxy Nexus I really liked them, but never got the Galaxy Note. Due to being on AT&T and having an upgrade at the time. I tried Samsung(S2, Skyrocket, International Note which is my daily horse, LG and HTC) This will be my first Nexus(4). But I think nothing can be pure android. TouchWiz is A LOT better than it used to be, but I still like pure android. HTC sense got better as well but I just don't like their UI. LG's UI, from last I had sucks. Or at least all their stock icons and all suck terribly. I had their first HD screen when it came out, the screen was GORGEOUS! But everything else left a lot to be desired.

Can't wait till I get a shipment confirmation(or I hope so) when I order Tuesday morning!
Haha @ "ever since the galaxy nexus.... "

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never owned a Nexus phone, but I have a fan of stock Android. I've only had LG phones (Optimus M, Optimus V, G2x aka Optimus 2X) and they've all been mostly stock (except for the Optimus M), save some carrier bloatware. It's what I'm used to. Well, that and CyanogenMod.

gmarkoma

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My first android phone since 2010, I will have it with my iphone 4 and I will decide in some months which one is better (if there is one better at all).

xbilly

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Only every had a Nexus (One) on the Android platform and have no interest in the company or network skins so guess I'm die hard in that sense.

Was going to move to WP8 with Nokia 920 but the extortionate costs of the LTE network and price of the phone have steered me back to Nexus 4 particularly having been blown away by the quality and usability of Jelly Bean on my Nexus 7.

excellon

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fan of Google's Nexus idea - stock android that gets the latest updates quickly. I've owned the Nexus One - loved it, skipped over the Nexus S because I can't stand Samsung design/material, forced into the Galaxy Nexus because my N1 died and I wanted a taste of Jelly Bean. I'm excited to get the Nexus 4 because it looks like the hardware is finally getting better.

However, I wish Sony (love the Xperia design) or Motorola (the Razr M is beautiful) would make a stock android phone, I would be all over it. I really enjoy starting out with a clean piece of paper and adding my launchers and apps I want. I actually don't care for the plain stock Android - I don't want all the extra BS that comes with other phone's skin.