Why can't we just backorder the thing?

ctrlbrk

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So like most of you, I wasted a day of my life yesterday trying to get an N4. For all my troubles, the closest I came was having it in my basket before it was removed.

What I want to know is simply why can't we just place a backorder? Why can't we say, hey I want one, ship it as soon as you can, here is my money. I mean what is the point of not allowing us to backorder devices?

ctrlbrk

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Even worse, they could use the backorder data to help them fill future orders and understand the demand for the product. Right now all they know is how fast it sold out, but they don't really know how many more people will put up their money to order one. All would be solved if people were allowed to simply order the phone and have it ship later.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I don't know why they didn't do pre-orders and I don't understand why they wouldn't do back-orders but they aren't. Something you'd have to ask Google. I agree you should be able to do back-orders of the phone but for some reason they don't want people to back order the device.

mjjclark1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you were able to because that's what they told me I did. They sent me an email that said my order was being placed on backorder and I should get it within 3 weeks. They also said that they would credit me back for shipping. So I guess they took more orders than they had phones
Available.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you were able to because that's what they told me I did. They sent me an email that said my order was being placed on backorder and I should get it within 3 weeks. They also said that they would credit me back for shipping. So I guess they took more orders than they had phones
Available.

Yet ppl who ordered first are not getting the phone first. Seems real smart to just magically roll a dice to see who gets dibs on something somebody spent money on.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they didn't do pre-orders and I don't understand why they wouldn't do back-orders but they aren't. Something you'd have to ask Google. I agree you should be able to do back-orders of the phone but for some reason they don't want people to back order the device.

I think they don't because they are not fulfilling them it's LG most phones that can be pre ordered are through carriers and or the manufacture themselves neither which is google. They don't over see that process. Like apple does with it's shipments. I think googs still look at this like its more devs getting but this phone is mainstream consumers they have to up the qnty with LG I am waiting to order as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Available.

I just received that email too. At least I won't waste a lot more time checking the shipping status. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums