UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Like some other people, I also got the back-order email but my order status on Google Play hasn't changed. It still shows an estimated ship date of Nov 15th (yesterday). I emailed support to ask if they could provide any additional information since I had 2 orders (11:53 AM & 1:13 PM EST) and I'm wondering if one or both are delayed. Also not sure if they'll delay shipment of my entire 1st order, including my 16GB N10, if my 16GB N4 and/or bumper aren't available to ship. That would be annoying since the 16GB N10 remained in stock for quite some time on Tuesday.

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just called support again. The CSR was very friendly, but unfortunately he had pretty much no helpful information to give me. He said he was told to tell people that the back-order email may apply to all of your orders if you placed more than one on Tuesday, and he had no additional information regarding when these orders might ship, if my N10 would ship separately if my N4 is back-ordered, or anything else. He said they're doing everything they can to get all of their orders delivered within the 3 week timeframe. He also told me the Google Play order status information is pretty much useless at this point, which is what I figured since mine still shows an expected ship date of 11/15 even after receiving the back-order email yesterday.

The lack of information is really annoying, but there's not much the CSRs can do about it (please keep that in mind when/if you call them, and don't be a jerk). I guess now it's time to chill out and try to get as much Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 in as I can before I need to start studying for my upcoming exam.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to add my own update - no, I'm not as lucky as the OP :p.

As of 9am EST Nov. 17th: My credit card has still been charged, I still have not gotten another email from Google after the backordered one, but interesting enough the shipping date is still "shipping estimate: November 15th, 2012".

I have read a few comments over a few forums and I am starting to thing that the email was a: CYA - CRITICAL MASS PURCHASE OVERLOAD. I'm not cutting Google slack, but I think they weren't prepared for the flood of nerds to buy this phone.

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is weird...

Got the delayed 3 weeks email just liek you guys a couple of days ago...

Now I just checked my Google Wallet and my order now shows a date of (November 17)??

Thinking of calling Google...

View attachment 46979

Mine is showing the same thing. Seems to have happened to at least a few people. I doubt calling Google will make much of a difference though. I'm going to try to leave them alone until Wednesday if I haven't heard anything by then. I would like to think that more than a week after the orders were placed, they should be able to give us an estimated shipping date.

Blaugrana41

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those in limbo, no tracking number or backordered e-mail, until I took advice from a member on here and tried to check the UPS site by tracking my package by reference in the tracking section. Sure enough, there it was! Just type Google in the reference box, your zip code, and country. Mine shows in transit and scheduled to deliver on Tuesday before the end of the day. Just like everyone says, Google was slammed with orders and UPS is not sending them back tracking info fast enough. Hope it works for everyone.:)

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those in limbo, no tracking number or backordered e-mail, until I took advice from a member on here and tried to check the UPS site by tracking my package by reference in the tracking section. Sure enough, there it was! Just type Google in the reference box, your zip code, and country. Mine shows in transit and scheduled to deliver on Tuesday before the end of the day. Just like everyone says, Google was slammed with orders and UPS is not sending them back tracking info fast enough. Hope it works for everyone.:)
How do you know it is your order and not someone else in your zip code? Also, for the "Shipment Reference" all you entered was "Google" ? This makes no sense, it should be a number.

Blaugrana41

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I signed up to their My choice UPS service and filled out my info (name,address,etc) it then showed what packages are headed to my address.
How do you know it is your order and not someone else in your zip code? Also, for the "Shipment Reference" all you entered was "Google" ? This makes no sense, it should be a number.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

You can track all the packages that went to your zip code with a given text string in the reference field.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You can track all the packages that went to your zip code with a given text string in the reference field.
Can you give me a sample zip code I can use to see what you're talking about? I tried some big ones in New York and all the local ones I know and none worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty