Mine is going BACK...!!!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bahaha Starbucks app a tipping point what a hipster
I'm surprised that Starbucks even has an Android app. Seems like they'd make that iPhone only in order to keep it isolated to only elite hipsters for whom $5 is a OK price for ground beans in hot water.

icoffee-dont-be-an-idiot-240x180.jpg

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This whole thread is silly.

To the OP, enjoy your new phone, but don't expect sympathy here for disliking the N4. Just sell it and move on.

To everyone else, why does it matter if the Starbucks app is important to him? Maybe he likes their half double decaffeinated half-caf with a twist of lemon, and the cost is worth that little bit of joy he gets from it.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
To everyone else, why does it matter if the Starbucks app is important to him? Maybe he likes their half double decaffeinated half-caf with a twist of lemon, and the cost is worth that little bit of joy he gets from it.

It's not about him disliking the phone, there have been plenty of complains about it on here and people are usually sympathetic.

It's more the fact that he wasted a perfectly good N4 that one of us eager fans could have had all due to his own negligence. One minute of research would reveal that LTE is missing from this phone, and the fact that his chief complaint is that he can't order his lattes from his phone anymore is laughable and kind of pissing me off. These days people return way too much , and it only further increases prices because they take money lost on returns into account.

I know I know, "cool story bro"

moonlitwingsx

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In the computer world, hardware is notorious for moving faster than software. :)

I played with the SGS3 for a little while, but ultimately the biggest turn-off about non-Nexus devices is the short lives they lead before the manufacturer simply terminates that product line. In the past I watched a family member get burned when a manufacturer of a non-Nexus device failed to deliver on the promise of delivering updates to their flagship phone's OS to clear up a big GPU performance problem. Of course there's the custom ROM route though. :)

But for the Nexus series, Its one of the biggest selling points for me, IMHO.. Constant Google updates, and a long life. I pick up a new phone whenever there's a huge leap in innovation (last phone was a T-Mobile G2x / LG Optimus 2X for example) .. And jumping into a quad-core phone with a powerful GPU AND that's a Nexus device is just too awesome. I'll bite the bullet and see if I can deal with the lack of memory expansion.

yukichi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The quad core really does make a great difference in performance... and speed and stability have greatly increased! However... I wish the camera and audio quality were a little better...

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised that Starbucks even has an Android app. Seems like they'd make that iPhone only in order to keep it isolated to only elite hipsters for whom $5 is a OK price for ground beans in hot water.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/icoffee-dont-be-an-idiot-240x180.jpg

...and bitter beans at that.

Well in fairness a regular cup of coffee at Starbucks is about $1.50-$1.75. Other stuff costs more, but for "ground beans in hot water" it's not really that expensive. A coffee at McDonald's or Dunkin is not a whole lot cheaper.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I happened to wonder around US states for 2 years. And i always missed New York City blue cup coffee from grocery stores. All those chain places like McDonalds, Starbucks, dunkin donuts, gas station... No offense but it taste like total crap.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Love the device ...feels great

BUTTTTTTT

some of my every day apps are still not working on 4.2 (starbucks/Volume +/live 365)

and NO LTE...

Just got a SGS3 and I am very pleased... (I love that the menu buttons are on the device and APPS use a FULL screen)

I am sure I will be back... but sometimes being first on the block is not the best thing

uploadfromtaptalk1354254205742.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think its stupid that people like the nexus phone for faster updates. So what. Your telling me next year when the nexus 5 comes out you nexus nerds are not gonna buy anyway? So what's useful about the updates when your just gonna buy the new hardware with latest software anyway. I like my s3 running ice cream sandwich. (Update coming Monday) and I like the features it has. I change the launcher to get rid of the uglyness and I'm happy.
The glass worries the hell out of me too.

Now to be Hippocratical... I tried to get the nexus. It looks nice and the reviews are great. The price is right too. But nothing wrong with my s3.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Your so full of it. Its nothing to be ashamed of.
Can't take these forums seriously, too many nerds trying to be funny on the net.

LOL yourself! Hey man...I'm coming from a two year old MT4G! I have self control....unless it pertains to camera gear. :-!

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
LOL yourself! Hey man...I'm coming from a two year old MT4G! I have self control....unless it pertains to camera gear. :-!

Touch?. Perhaps I'm pissed more than I think about not getting the n4 and ranting randomly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty