Nexus 4 moans and groans

jonnie_r

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would just like to say that I am more than happy with my phone.

I get good battery life, haven't had any random reboots, no cracked glass (despite a few lessons from gravity), no faults with not turning back on and I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about lte or SD cards.

So to sum up everything normal and just thought I'd add a bit of balance to problems others seem to be having.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Love my phone too! Sure there are some minor annoyances/wishes...but no phone/device is perfect.

This thing ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone. I just wish it would not get so hot while watching YouTube or Netflix.

+1

Happy in nearly every way, but today for the first time I noticed the heat while watching Netflix. I got the bumper so I think that's why I hadn't picked up on it before, but-- man-- she sure does get toasty...

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This thing ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

Agreed. Web browsing SUCKED on my BlackBerry, multitasking was slow on my Sensation 4G, EVERYTHING is buttery smooth on my NEXUS 4. Going back to Firefox Nightly from what ever else I was doing and the pages don't even reload, they're just there like I never left them! Where's the Take Over The World button!!??

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Web browsing SUCKED on my BlackBerry, multitasking was slow on my Sensation 4G, EVERYTHING is buttery smooth on my NEXUS 4. Going back to Firefox Nightly from what ever else I was doing and the pages don't even reload, they're just there like I never left them! Where's the Take Over The World button!!??
Flipping through the recent apps is insane, not to mention the slight animation going between screens. And yes, web browsing is awesome. Still getting used to Chrome, which I've been waitong to use forever. I used to use Dolphin on my MT4G. Which I loved, but I love Chrome on my desktop, so I hope it lives up to my expectations on mobile.

And another cool little feature is when you lock the screen, the animation is like shutting down an old TV. The little things in (nerd) life.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting the best battery life but I just got my wireless charger so every time I put it down it's getting topped up.

Hopefully that will help a little with the battery life issue but otherwise I'm a very happy customer thus far with the device itself. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
And another cool little feature is when you lock the screen, the animation is like shutting down an old TV. The little things in (nerd) life.

Yeah I think that's cool, too. Reminds me of my childhood?especially that time my brother and I had to switch off the television and run back to bed because my father had come back for something he forgot... the damn little, white dot in the center of the screen blew our cover... well, maybe because we weren't the quick, silent ninjas we thought we were.

doug9000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is boring. got no issues at all, everything is working as it should no cracks, scratches or crackling, boring boring boring :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Only things wrong with this phone is the sd card missing and the fact that you can't remove and replace the battery when it dies. Idiotic move by LG but it is what it is.

I'm still buying the phone because it's worth the price and then some

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Only things wrong with this phone is the sd card missing and the fact that you can't remove and replace the battery when it dies. Idiotic move by LG but it is what it is.

I'm still buying the phone because it's worth the price and then some

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

You're still whining about that. Let it go. Oh and LG built it the way we told them to, so its not any move by LG.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You're still whining about that. Let it go. Oh and LG built it the way we told them to, so its not any move by LG.

I assume you work for Google?

I want to know honestly WHY wouldn't you make the battery removable?

Especially after the poor battery life with the galaxy nexus?

At least then we had extended life batteries to make up for it

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Love this phone! LG and Google surprised me with this device and I'm gonna stick with vanilla Android from now on. Nexus 4 until Nexus 5 comes out!

salam0506

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Loving the phone in comparison to my BB curve but it is having reception issues. At my house I normally always get full bars and my wife is on the same network and gets full bars but the nexus is getting 2 bars, sometime no reception at all and sometimes its jumping up to full. I have done a factory reset and not signed into my google to make sure it was some apps I downloaded and I have gone in the phone testing menu to play around with the radio settings - changing it to LTE etc and it goes up to full bars for a minute or so and then drops back down again. Many times it has no reception at all which is definitely not right - I have tried another sim giffgaff instead of o2 - really seems like a phone issue and not the network. anyone had a similar issue?