Sharing contact info via text (vcard)

excellon

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this should be as frustrating as I'm making it but I can't figure out how to share someone's contact info via text with the stock android messaging app.

I've always used Handcent before and it was simple to attach someone's info and send it to someone else. How the hell do you do on the stock android messaging app?!

If I go to my contacts and share, there's no option for messaging!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Open the People app, find the desired contact and tap once. Tap the menu icon at top right of screen. Tap share.

Continue.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For the moment, the only practical solution seems to be to share the vcf by email instead of text.

If you can convince all of your friends to install WhatsApp that would be a solution as well. When installed, WhatsApp shows up in People's "Share contact via..." list.

I use WhatsApp so I can exchange messages (primarily) with my wife and son while I am at work. I have good Wi-Fi in my office but zero T-Mobile connection. WhatsApp sends SMS and MMS over any available data connection so it works in my office, at home (over Wi-Fi) or on the road whereever I have a cellular data connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony