gmail and google calendar

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok I posted this in the "apps" forum but maybe i will have better luck here.

When I get a calendar invite and click on it within the gmail app, it tries to open google calendar on the browser rather through the google calendar app. Is this normal? I'm a bit surprised by this lack of integration of google services here.

Any of you having similar problems?

Cheers

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it should open in the app. Try uninstalling and re-installing?

Thanks gone down south. I couldn't really uninstall google calendar because it's a system app but I did uninstall the updates, cleared the data, and then I updated the app again.

Now things work fine if I send myself an invitation from another gmail account, through google calendar.

I experimented with a couple of other things:

- From my other gmail account, using my computer, I wrote an email to the gmail account that is on my android. In that email I created an event that I included as an attachment I guess.
- From my hotmail/outlook calendar, I created an event and added my android gmail as a guest.

On the computer everything is fine in gmail. I can accept both invites and they will show up in the calendar. In gmail on the phone however what I get is the invite that shows up (no decision can be taken) with an invite.ics attachment. If I try to open this attachment it asks me if I want to use DB Text editor or Pocket casts... (just to be sure I uninstalled and re installed updates for gmail, and cleared the data).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38