music player with volume control on screen?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
why is it most music players on android have no volume control on the screen for easy access? can anyone recommend me one? the only one i've found that has it is cloud skipper, but the audio quality from that music player is very poor. poweramp has great audio quality, but it don't have the volume control on screen like cloud skipper does. anyone knows a good one?

rejodia

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, poweramp does that. There is volume knob on screen. On play mode, press the icon on top right that looks equalizer then you'll see two knobs---bass and treble and below there is tone/volume. tap that and voila. I hope this helps

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, poweramp does that. There is volume knob on screen. On play mode, press the icon on top right that looks equalizer then you'll see two knobs---bass and treble and below there is tone/volume. tap that and voila. I hope this helps
yea i know that poweramp has that, some other apps has that too. but most don't have a dedicated volume button on the same screen as the skip track buttons. i don't want to have to press additional buttons to get to the volume.

saadi703

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
yea i know that poweramp has that, some other apps has that too. but most don't have a dedicated volume button on the same screen as the skip track buttons. i don't want to have to press additional buttons to get to the volume.

The volume rocker does not work when you are listening to music?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The volume rocker does not work when you are listening to music?
when i'm in the music menu, testing out songs and everything, i don't want to have to use volume rocker when there should be volume control there. it makes no sense to have to move your fingers to the volume rocker when you're already touching the screen on the "now playing" screen. why did google not include something so simple and useful with their default player.

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hm well the built-in Google Music player does this. I think its probably simple enough for developers to integrate this into their app... if they haven't, its likely they just havent had enough requests for it

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
when i'm in the music menu, testing out songs and everything, i don't want to have to use volume rocker when there should be volume control there. it makes no sense to have to move your fingers to the volume rocker when you're already touching the screen on the "now playing" screen. why did google not include something so simple and useful with their default player.

Actually, I think you make a very good and reasonable point. I may even contact the developers of PowerAmp and request this feature for a future update.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
why is it most music players on android have no volume control on the screen for easy access? can anyone recommend me one? the only one i've found that has it is cloud skipper, but the audio quality from that music player is very poor. poweramp has great audio quality, but it don't have the volume control on screen like cloud skipper does. anyone knows a good one?

Seeing all your threads, you seem pretty unhappy with this phone. I'm curious (genuinely, not trying to sound like a smart a$$), what did you have before the N4 that did all the things you're missing?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Seeing all your threads, you seem pretty unhappy with this phone. I'm curious (genuinely, not trying to sound like a smart a$$), what did you have before the N4 that did all the things you're missing?
ipod touch 4g + samsung t409 flip phone amazing right? cause those are pretty old and supposed low quality items by today's standard. thus, i thought the nexus 4 would be an upgrade compared to those two, but i was wrong. and i was not even expecting a significant upgrade or anything, i was just expecting a slight upgrade.

the only upside to this nexus 4 is that i don't have to carry the flip phone + ipod touch (even though the flip phone is pretty small). also, i can finally develop for android and have a device to test it on. btw as of now, typing this reply, my gps on the nexus 4 stopped working for stop reason...sigh....

i'm going to use it for a couple more weeks and see how things turn out, see if it gets better or maybe if google provides any good updates. otherwise, i think i might just sell it, buy an ipod touch 5g and use the flip phone again.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ipod touch 4g + samsung t409 flip phone amazing right? cause those are pretty old and supposed low quality items by today's standard. thus, i thought the nexus 4 would be an upgrade compared to those two, but i was wrong. and i was not even expecting a significant upgrade or anything, i was just expecting a slight upgrade.

the only upside to this nexus 4 is that i don't have to carry the flip phone + ipod touch (even though the flip phone is pretty small). also, i can finally develop for android and have a device to test it on. btw as of now, typing this reply, my gps on the nexus 4 stopped working for stop reason...sigh....

i'm going to use it for a couple more weeks and see how things turn out, see if it gets better or maybe if google provides any good updates. otherwise, i think i might just sell it, buy an ipod touch 5g and use the flip phone again.

You might want to try exchanging it first. Mine works great...gps is about a 1 second lock and my battery has about 30% power left at midnight when I plug it back in (turning nothing off and keeping the screen around 60% brightness). If you decide to keep it, you could always develop the apps you want to function the way you want.

dmm5157

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Old topic, but PlayerPro (paid app) has volume slider onscreen. Very similar layout overall to the music player in iOS and is my personal favorite music player.

arben sejdiji

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site