Expected life span of N4 Battery

dave43

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Using it heavily daily...charging to full once or occasionally twice a day, how long will the battery last to at least 50-70% of full power? I rememember older ipods use to advertise a life span of 500 full recharges untill the battery went dead, have batteries evolved?

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Using it heavily daily...charging to full once or occasionally twice a day, how long will the battery last to at least 50-70% of full power? I rememember older ipods use to advertise a life span of 500 full recharges untill the battery went dead, have batteries evolved?

Nexus 4 has an 800 full recharge cycle battery at its claimed that at the 800 cycle mark it still has 80% of its full power. Basicallllyyyyy it will last you long enough till you decide to get another phone.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 has an 800 full recharge cycle battery at its claimed that at the 800 cycle mark it still has 80% of its full power. Basicallllyyyyy it will last you long enough till you decide to get another phone.

You can also unscrew the bottom anf get the back off and able to replace the battery

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You can also unscrew the bottom anf get the back off and able to replace the battery

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yea but its a bit of a hassle though lol. I doubt I will ever need to anyway. I will probably use this phone for a couple of years and see what wave of advancements in mobile tech makes want to dish out the money. This phone should last me till then without any issues.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea but its a bit of a hassle though lol. I doubt I will ever need to anyway. I will probably use this phone for a couple of years and see what wave of advancements in mobile tech makes want to dish out the money. This phone should last me till then without any issues.

Lol im a bit cheap so ikm probably going to exchange the batter y once. The specs ate amazing and i had the iPod 3 into my nexus 4 and the battery was horrible. Only reason i upgraded. Don't know how to manually exchanged

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get this info?

Thanks

- Google Nexus 4 review: Royal road - GSMArena.com
- Maximizing Nexus 4 battery charge cycles. Reducing battery capacity drop. - xda-developers
- Nexus 4 Australian Hands-On: Don?t Judge This Book By Its Sparkly Cover | Gizmodo Australia

All of these assume the Nexus 4 is using the same battery as the LG optimus G:
LG Newsroom

"LG Chem, Korea?s oldest and largest chemical company and a global innovator in electric car batteries, developed a new battery that offers greater energy capacity without compromising on size and weight. Standard mobile phone batteries have a lifespan of 500 charges in best-case conditions. Utilizing LG Chem?s high-density technology, the battery that was developed for the new flagship smartphone provides more power than other similarly-sized batteries by running 60 percent more efficiently. The new battery has a lifespan of 800 cycles, a first for a mobile device."

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
- Google Nexus 4 review: Royal road - GSMArena.com
- Maximizing Nexus 4 battery charge cycles. Reducing battery capacity drop. - xda-developers
- Nexus 4 Australian Hands-On: Don?t Judge This Book By Its Sparkly Cover | Gizmodo Australia

All of these assume the Nexus 4 is using the same battery as the LG optimus G:
LG Newsroom

"LG Chem, Korea?s oldest and largest chemical company and a global innovator in electric car batteries, developed a new battery that offers greater energy capacity without compromising on size and weight. Standard mobile phone batteries have a lifespan of 500 charges in best-case conditions. Utilizing LG Chem?s high-density technology, the battery that was developed for the new flagship smartphone provides more power than other similarly-sized batteries by running 60 percent more efficiently. The new battery has a lifespan of 800 cycles, a first for a mobile device."

Really? My ipod 3rd had more than 1000 charges i think (boight it used so im not 100% sure) and it wasnt that bad until last three months. Maybe its when the battery perventage u charge it, heard charging aroubd 20% is good for the battery and wont kill it as fast

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember that 1 cycle is going from 0% to 100%. So going from 50% to 100 only counts as 0.5 cycles. Sooooo your phone will last fairly long.

Sent from my Nexus 4