Did Google really make this inaccessible?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello all
Just got some NFC tags and was fired up to automate a few things. But it appears one action I was looking forward to manipulating, namely airplane mode, is not accessible for automation unless I root? If true is there an app or some other simple tweak that will help me around this little issue? Seems like an odd thing to lock down.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
thats weird. wonder why google made that. maybe for security reasons? dont see a security threat there

My thoughts exactly.

So, these apps like tasker and/or security settings won't help me any I take it. Its not really a big deal obviously, but it is a little odd and minutely annoying that I can't auto-toggle that bugger sans rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I also hear you need root to toggle the GPS although you can select nav from task launcher. I do not use either with my tags so I am not positive on that.

I have only used tags to turn on/off bluetooth, wifi and volume profiles to either high or vibrate.

Edit: Airplane mode is an option on my Note 2 using the Samsung tectiles app. Of course those tags are not compatible with the Nexus 4...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty