Nexus 4 - Can't transfer photos over USB

DonFromRoch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
In my Nexus 4 phone, I take a picture and can see it when I click on the Gallery icon. I then connect a USB cable between the phone and my Vista PC. Under Windows Explorer, I can see Nexus 4 - Internal storage. However, I cannot find my photo or the Gallery folder. How can I find and transfer my photo to my PC?

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In my Nexus 4 phone, I take a picture and can see it when I click on the Gallery icon. I then connect a USB cable between the phone and my Vista PC. Under Windows Explorer, I can see Nexus 4 - Internal storage. However, I cannot find my photo or the Gallery folder. How can I find and transfer my photo to my PC?

Unlock your phone before you connect it to your PC. Then all folders will be visible.

DonFromRoch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I found it. Originally the jpg file was zero MBytes in size, but it refreshed.

- - - Updated - - -

As for unlocking the phone, I purchased it directly from Google, so I believe it is already unlocked.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I found it. Originally the jpg file was zero MBytes in size, but it refreshed.

- - - Updated - - -

As for unlocking the phone, I purchased it directly from Google, so I believe it is already unlocked.

glad you found it.

when sting7k said unlock you phone he/she meant unlock your lock screen lol

nzevit

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I transferred a few photos and went to transfer a few more, and the DCIM folder is empty. All my photos are still in the gallery on the phone, but I can't find them when connected by USB to the computer in order to transfer them. :-\

any help is appreciated.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock camera or a third-party app? Not all camera apps store their images in the same folder. Camera Zoom FX, for example, stores everything in a folder titled CameraZOOM.

Mike_47

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ANOTHER ASPECT OF IMAGE TRANSFER VIA USB:
Let's say I have 1,000 images on my Nikon SD card. With a mini card reader and the OTG cable, I can connect the Nikon's SD card directly to the Nexus 4. The idea is to transfer 1 image to the DCIM folder in the phone. THE PROBLEM: It isn't working. Maybe the phone simply is not designed to go through 1,000 images from an external SD card. Any ideas? Thanks!

Frank Robey

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Picasa to move my photos from N4 to my PC (just like I've done with my other cameras). You connect the N4, fire up Picasa and under "Import" you should see Import From: Nexus 4. Then all your pictures should be listed. This only works for those apps that place the photos in DCIM/Camera.

The big issue I have with doing it this way is that for some reason, the files don't necessarily appear in the order they were taken when transferring from N4. Every other camera that I've done this with the photos at the top of the Import screen are the oldest and the newest are at the bottom. Sometimes I just want to download the last couple pictures I've taken and it's difficult to find them (if I click on a particular photo it doesn't should the date/time taken on the Picasa preview screen.)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall