February Nexus 4th : Its Official

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my 16gb Nexus 4 in February.

After about a week I was convinced the switch away from AT&T LTE wasnt a big deal and I sold the Galaxy S3.

Now I have in the past been one that has to have the latest/greatest Android phone, and I switched quite a bit.

But I've been watching all the reviews on the Galaxy S 4 , and the HTC One, and I have to say, I'm just not impressed.

I still feel like my N4 with vanilla Android is superior.

Its been a long time since I havent been looking at what my next phone will be .

Anyone else unimpressed by the new crop of phones or is it just me ?

I may actually hold out for the next rendition of the Nexus !

:confused:

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to not necessarily the next Nexus phone, but the newest update. Anytime you get the newest version of Android, its almost like having a new phone.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't go as far as saying the N4 is superior to the HTC One and GS4 because they both have qualities that the N4 is lacking. The N4 is the best device if you're looking to get the latest and greatest Android version. It's also the best phone for enthusiasts like us the like to be on the bleeding edge of technology. On the flip side the HTC One has gotten above average reviews all across the board and is one of the most anticipated devices. I'm not an HTC fan but I even have to say they hit it out of the park with the One. The GS4 will be the best selling Android device and that goes without saying. It all comes down to preference and all these devices have their pro's and con's. The biggest con for me is the lack of LTE on the N4. I do get an average of 8mbps down on AT&T HSPA+ but always feel like I'm missing out on LTE. Regardless I'm through with skinned Android devices and I'm gonna stick with Nexus devices only. I'm also more than likely going to get the X phone when released...just hope it has LTE.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Spec wise the Nexus 4 is not superior to the GS4 or the HTC One... quite a distance between them. I like my Nexus 4 because of the pure Android and guaranteed OS updates. I would choose the HTC One if it had those 2 things. It's a very sharp looking phone with great sound and display.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Got my 16gb Nexus 4 in February.

After about a week I was convinced the switch away from AT&T LTE wasnt a big deal and I sold the Galaxy S3.

Now I have in the past been one that has to have the latest/greatest Android phone, and I switched quite a bit.

But I've been watching all the reviews on the Galaxy S 4 , and the HTC One, and I have to say, I'm just not impressed.

I still feel like my N4 with vanilla Android is superior.

Its been a long time since I havent been looking at what my next phone will be .

Anyone else unimpressed by the new crop of phones or is it just me ?

I may actually hold out for the next rendition of the Nexus !

:confused:

I'm the same way I am known at work by my co-workers as the Smartphone switcher I change up all the time lol.

My Nexus 4 arrives tomorrow. Gotta smit though I'm not impressed with what I saw with HTC One, especially not the Galaxy S4. The One is improving but the S4 is just more of the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One flaw on the nexus 4 is speaker placement. Volume is terrible with the phone down. And it you crank up the volume it sounds distorted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If work gave me a Galaxy S4 or HTC One to use, I wouldn't complain, but I don't think they're worth the off-contract prices considering the alternatives such as the Nexus 4.

I might feel differently if I was a billionaire but then I would probably own all the flagship phones. Just because. :D :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo