Pixel Buds Pro or Air Pods Pro 2: Which is better with a S22U?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the first gen Galaxy Buds Pro, and while they seem to be fine for listening, battery life and most indoor phone calls, I do find myself needing to reposition them within my ear a lot more often than I would like, at the risk of them falling out.

I have been watching reviews on the newer Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, and I'm a bit disappointed to see that the mic quality is not as good as (almost any) Air Pods or the Pixel Buds Pro.

What I would like to know is if anyone is indeed using the Pixel Buds Pro or Air Pods Pro 2 with their S22U and how has the experience been?

I don't use many advanced features, but this is what I've grown used to with the Galaxy Buds Pro and am hoping that the functionality still exists on either Google's or Apple's buds:

Features:
1. Single tap to pause/play music
2. Double tap to go to next track
3. Double tap to answer/end phone call
4. Long tap to switch between ANC and transparency mode
5. Charge the buds on a Qi wireless charging pad.

Other characteristics:
6. Use my S22U/iPhone 13/Tab A to "take over" connection to the buds by just connecting to them from the list of bluetooth devices (or using the Galaxy Buds widget.)
7. Not have to worry about volume. They can get loud enough when necessary.
8. Not sure what the technical term for this is... but one thing I like about my Galaxy Buds Pro is that they don't "leak" sound... people around me can't hear what I'm listening to... especially useful when I like to catch up on sports highlights and the person next to me is trying to sleep.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Any reason you're limiting yourself to something from a phone manufacturer rather than something like Jabra, Sennheiser or Sony?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Any reason you're limiting yourself to something from a phone manufacturer rather than something like Jabra, Sennheiser or Sony?
I'm willing to consider any major brand as long as the evidence/experience is compelling (except the Sony XM4's, as their reputation for calls is pretty bad.)

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've used the Galaxy buds pro and now have the buds 2 pro. Both have been awesome for music and calls. Used the 1st gen airpod pros when I had iPhones and they worked great. Not sure how well they'll work on the S22 but I'd def recommend the Galaxy buds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol