Nexus 4 not working - possible water damage

scruff12

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So a few days ago my nexus 4 randomly stopped working. I had taken it out on a run and when i got home my mp3 stopped working and the phone turned off. after a minutes charging it turned back on and worked absolutely fine for three days. Then it turned off again and now wont turn back on unless its left face screen down. Im not sure if it can be water damage if it has worked fine for a few days? and if so is there anything i can do? ive rung google and they said so far they will replace it, but i am slightly worried that when they recieve it they may decide it isnt just a technical error. ANd to be honest i cant afford another nexus but dont know if i could cope without one :L

Also my phone also always works perfectly when out and about, it's only when I'm at home I have this issue...does this mean there is any possibility of it being caused by overloading my RAM the problems also started when we got a new stronger wifi port at my house

Last edited:

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like water damage to me. Starts off with small glitches/issues then stops working completely.
Check the inside of the SIM slot for the water indicator.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Use the sim ejection tool that came in the box or find a close pin or small paper clip and eject the sim tray and look inside and look for a white or a red indicator.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
White means the sticker has not come into contact with moisture. If it is red then it did come into contact with water/moisture.
Generally a white sticker is a good thing but your phone still doesnt work so...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch