Best Music Player?

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased my Nexus 4. I prefer not to use play music so what are Tue best options out there? I've always used whatever was stock on the other phones I had.

Posted via Android Central App

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, but will this app use data? I mean a little is no problem, but that's why I stay away from play music. Thanks!

It plays, video, podcasts or music that are stored on the phone, not streaming, so no data is used to play..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't like JukeFox... I LOVE JukeFox.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=ch.ethz.dcg.pancho2&hl=en&token=cAB5kvdX

It's really smart. Yes it uses some data... Do the initial setup/scan library with WiFi turned on and you'll be golden data-use-wise. It will scan the net and configure your music. The larger your on-device library the better JukeFox will perform.

When you play your on-device music you'll have a ton of options. Play by Tag out of your personal tag cloud. Play by genre. My favorite is to clear out the playlist, make sure play similar is enabled then pick that one song I want to hear at the moment - each successive song goes so well with the one before. It's like JukeFox is reading your mind and feeding your mood. It also learns from you if you ever skip a song it inserts in the playlist or if you manually insert a song into the list.

Barebones otherwise (like no EQ settings*), but one SMART player that is very feature rich in playback options.

*I think it helps that franco.Kernel has allowed me to tweak volume settings as regards N4 and earbud listening...

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been using poweramp for a while and is a great option to consider.. The only lacking feature that i miss is the support for cloud streaming.. Since i started using my box account off late.

Nexus 4
Posted via Android Central App