Not happy with the phone.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Why does the screen disappear while on the phone then you fight to light up the screen to see to shut it down or bring up the number key to enter numbers as often is required for many business transactions.

I'm very with frustrated with this.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Seriously......... I can't make heads or tails of your statement. It looks like random words thrown together.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I think all touch screen phones do this to save on battery. There is no need to have the screen on when it is next to your face. If you do a lot of keyboard transactions during calls, I would consider putting it on speaker mode or getting a Bluetooth headset. Another alternative is apps in the market that keep the screen on. You could lock the screen on before you start the call.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Why does the screen disappear while on the phone then you fight to light up the screen to see to shut it down or bring up the number key to enter numbers as often is required for many business transactions.

I'm very with frustrated with this.
I had this problem too but I think I solved it.

I think my thumb was covering the proximity sensor. It is on the top left corner of the phone. If that is covered, the phone thinks it is next to your face and the display should be off.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I think all touch screen phones do this to save on battery. There is no need to have the screen on when it is next to your face. If you do a lot of keyboard transactions during calls, I would consider putting it on speaker mode or getting a Bluetooth headset. Another alternative is apps in the market that keep the screen on. You could lock the screen on before you start the call.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
If you are using the keyboard, the proximity sensor will not be activated. Because you are probably not using the keyboard while it is next to your face.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue with most of my phones, it's frustrating as hell that I can't go and check someone else's number or go into my notes app while on a call. Everytime I try to touch the screen it goes off

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is so your face can't push random things on your screen while talking on the phone. If it still stays black when you pull it away from your face, check your screen protector, you may have to trim it back from the sensor, clean your screen, move your hand.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I think my thumb was covering the proximity sensor. It is on the top left corner of the phone. If that is covered, the phone thinks it is next to your face and the display should be off.

That's good to know... I was having trouble getting the screen back on to end calls. My thumb tends to rest right over the prox sensor.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

That's good to know... I was having trouble getting the screen back on to end calls. My thumb tends to rest right over the prox sensor.

Ah, "You're holding it wrong". ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez