How do I stop the google apps from updating?

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Can I disable the apps I don't want to use such as Google+, Current and a few others? Every time I go to do it a message comes up saying apps that come pre installed should not be disable or it could mess up other apps. So I clear them but they keep wanting to update all the time?

Posted via Android Central App

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to your settings and then apps. Select disable . I have done this with a few and no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to your settings and then apps. Select disable . I have done this with a few and no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

This.. you can go ahead and disable most anything. If you see unexpected errors afterwards you can easily re-enable them by going to
Settings > Apps > All, and scrolling to the bottom to see apps you've disabled. Tap the app and re-enable it.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Turned my phone on this morning and then disabled apps are still disabled!! I thought they might turn back on by default but they didn't hurray!!!

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This.. you can go ahead and disable most anything. If you see unexpected errors afterwards you can easily re-enable them by going to
Settings > Apps > All, and scrolling to the bottom to see apps you've disabled. Tap the app and re-enable it.
FYI: in Android 4.3 disabled app gets a new tab now.

@OP the reason why it gave an error is because Android dont want u to disable system app which is really important. you should be careful before you disable any apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer