New Nexus 4: unable to make or receive 2nd call, low in call volume with headset

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this in the US? Who is the carrier?

As to the headset, it seems the Nexus 4 does not do well with high impedance headsets - they require higher output power than the N4 provides by default. I would suggest he try a headset with a lower impedance rating.

I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble; I assure you there are many tens of thousands of Nexus 4 owners who love their phones, my wife and I included.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I am not certain about the other phones he tried the SIM card in, but the Nexus 4 *must be* powered off and then back on or it will not recognize the card correctly.

In other words:

1) Power phone on
2) Press and hold the power button until the menu pops up. Select Power off and wait until phone completely shuts down.
3) Insert SIM card
4) Press and hold power button until you feel the "bump" (about five seconds). Phone will boot up.

Does it work normally now?

mickeymousecorner

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. This phone has wasted tons of our time, especially he is new to the language and under very stressed school work.

Yes, we have gone through the process many times. Nothing changed.

The carrier is in MVNO of TMobile. It is in a very large city, also, all other phones have no problem with the card.

As to the headset, listening to the music is fine, it is the incall volume is too low. So should not be the impedance rating of the headset. Otherwise, I would expect same problem exists for listening to music.

By the way, I am not certain about the other phones he tried the SIM card in, but the Nexus 4 *must be* powered off and then back on or it will not recognize the card correctly.

In other words:

1) Power phone on
2) Press and hold the power button until the menu pops up. Select Power off and wait until phone completely shuts down.
3) Insert SIM card
4) Press and hold power button until you feel the "bump" (about five seconds). Phone will boot up.

Does it work normally now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non