Nexus 4 lags

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a Nexus 4, and was so curious and excited about it, as it was my first android phone. I heard great reviews about its functionality and fast processing and also that it does not lag. But all my excitement got ruined after I played Temple Run 2 after seeing lags in the game. My friends have phones which run games smoothly without any delay being noticed which are even cheaper than Nexus4. I bought it with my heart but I feel sad now. What should I do?
I ran AnTuTu benchmarks which gave 13000 score.
Please help me.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the official version from the Google Play Store? Did you update your Nexus 4 to 4.3? If it was not used it might have been downloading an OS update in the background. Do you know what you're doing? Something cheaper than a Nexus 4? PAID IN FULL? That means your buddies are running Temple Run 2 on Sidekick 2s...

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't buy it from playstore. Yes, I upgraded it to 4.3. But I played it even when OS was not updated. It had lags.Yes I am telling what I'm seeing.Samsung Tab 2 is what is cheaper.What is sidekick 2s?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear your having lag issues.

This could be due to different things. I too am a Temple Run player and I'll admit it has its good days and bad days.. Might get a dozen lag free games in a row then all the sudden the bottom falls out.

It seems to be an ongoing thing from the Temple Run devs to reduce and stay on top of lag issues across the board with all devices.

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
But a quad-core processor with adreno320 should run it. I see lags in other games also. I have seen nexus4 score 18000 above Antutu benchmarks on stock. I think my device is the faulty one. What should be done?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But a quad-core processor with adreno320 should run it. I see lags in other games also. I have seen nexus4 score 18000 above Antutu benchmarks on stock. I think my device is the faulty one. What should be done?

Not sure what it's exactly going on for your device but commenting on benchmarks, most people take those with a grain of salt. They can vary from minute to minute and can be easily faked and altered.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong here so please correct me if I am. I think when the Nexus 4 gets hot, both the CPU and GPU are throttled or slowed down to prevent some kind of problem with the phone. I get a lot of lag in games like Minion Rush and Asphalt 8 but Temple Run: Oz runs well for me. Anyway here is a video better explaining it.

http://youtu.be/abf7nPiUUE8

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Even if you did experience the thermal throttling, I still think the Antutu score of 13,000 is pretty low for a Nexus 4 running 4.3. It should get around 16,000 or better.

I don't think you should give up hope on the device, but I can't tell exactly why you are experiencing lag without knowing more details about your device specifically. For starter I would just wipe out the entire phone and flash Google stock firmware on it. Sometimes incremental updating from an older version to a newer can cause problems. After that, if you are comfortable you can consider rooting it and installing a custom kernel (like franco kernel), you can leave the OS stock, it should give the phone a boost.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
For last resort, do a factory reset and don't let the phone sync app and data just yet. Download AnTuTu Benchmark (should be only 1 app in your phone) and then run to see score. I bet it will improve.

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't want my benchmarks to improve at all. I wouldn't even have downloaded the Antutu app for a check if TR2 would have run smoothly. I did factory reset my phone but it didn't help.

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Even if you did experience the thermal throttling, I still think the Antutu score of 13,000 is pretty low for a Nexus 4 running 4.3. It should get around 16,000 or better.

I don't think you should give up hope on the device, but I can't tell exactly why you are experiencing lag without knowing more details about your device specifically. For starter I would just wipe out the entire phone and flash Google stock firmware on it. Sometimes incremental updating from an older version to a newer can cause problems. After that, if you are comfortable you can consider rooting it and installing a custom kernel (like franco kernel), you can leave the OS stock, it should give the phone a boost.
Thanks for showing concern.
But I am facing a problem with its Bluetooth. I tried to receive some .exe files as well as .apk files through its Bluetooth but it showed some error with sending failed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo