Nexus 4 4.4 update error

fishbowl38

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just turned on phone and the phone decided to update itself to android 4.4 without permission. It then rebooted and nothing showed up except from notification bar, navigation bar and power menu. The rest was black. I then restarted it. It was stuck in the bootloop, this same applied every time I restarted it. Then I went on the boot loader and it works except when going on recovery mode, it says no command with the android man with error. I can't put a custom ROM on since it is locked and I can't unlock it since it requires USB debugging enabled but I cannot get onto that. Any one know how to fix it without getting warranty to fix it? :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If your bootloader is locked your only other option is to do a factory reset in stock recovery which will wipe all your data, but should make the phone bootable. To enable the menu in stock recovery, you need to hold Power button, then Volume Up.

If your bootloader is already unlocked there are several ways to save your datas, or you can flash factory images without wiping your datas as well.

sent from tapatalk

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure a factory reset will not help. Hasn't helped anyone else in this situation..myself included. You will need to flash the factory image. You can unlock your boot loader with fastboot..you will lose all your data...but your phone will be useful again!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure a factory reset will not help. Hasn't helped anyone else in this situation..myself included. You will need to flash the factory image. You can unlock your boot loader with fastboot..you will lose all your data...but your phone will be useful again!
It did for me during a test trial and some other people. Both solution wipe all data as well, but yours take more work, might as well try factory reset first and if it work then less effort spent.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just turned on phone and the phone decided to update itself to android 4.4 without permission.
Really?

It then rebooted and nothing showed up except from notification bar, navigation bar and power menu. The rest was black. I then restarted it. It was stuck in the bootloop, this same applied every time I restarted it.
What is the boot animation?

Then I went on the boot loader and it works except when going on recovery mode, it says no command with the android man with error.
This is normal stock recovery

I can't put a custom ROM on since it is locked and I can't unlock it since it requires USB debugging enabled but I cannot get onto that.
Fastboot does not require USB debugging, so you can still use fastboot commands. ADB is the one that requires USB debugging?

Any one know how to fix it without getting warranty to fix it? :mad:
Try getting into stock recovery, press up and power button when you see the android on its back and select wipe cache, restart and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana