Bypass tmobile Tethering Limit?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i have t-mobile's unlimited data plan with 2.5gb mobile hotspot and tethering. How do i bypass this limit or block tmobile mobile from seeing how much tethering i've been using?

I did google searches and only found outdated threads. The newer threads states that you can't bypass tmobile's tethering anymore cause they've gotten too good at detecting it. is that true?

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
i have t-mobile's unlimited data plan with 2.5gb mobile hotspot and tethering. How do i bypass this limit or block tmobile mobile from seeing how much tethering i've been using?

I did google searches and only found outdated threads. The newer threads states that you can't bypass tmobile's tethering anymore cause they've gotten too good at detecting it. is that true?
I don't think that you can unless you have access to their network (and I don't mean your data pipe). This would be like asking how to reset your minutes halfway through the month.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had good luck with using User Agents when browsing the web on a PC.

I've also noticed that torrent programs, PlayStation Network, and Netflix won't count towards your tethering limit.
I'm only signed up for 500 MB for tethering and I've been playing online and streaming Netflix from the same system for days.
Also, tethering doesn't to a tablet doesn't seem to be affected, to me at least.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Also, tethering doesn't to a tablet doesn't seem to be affected, to me at least.
It shouldn't -- the tablet passes the same requests/IDs/ports/blah blah that the phone does, so I doubt the provider can tell the difference in the data requests. A laptop passes desktop browser requests and such, thus they can tell you're tethering... to a point. I suppose they could also read your MAC (not your MacIntosh) and guess that you're using a laptop, but I'd argue that doesn't work well (e.g., Qualcomm's or Apple's MAC prefixes overlap between desktop and mobile devices).