Bluetooth woes

JillB

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've just installed (OTA) Lollipop on my Nexus, but this problem pre-dates the update. I have paired my phone to several other devices, but as soon as I either turn off bluetooth or get out of range of the other device, I lose the pairing. My phone sees the other devices, the other devices see the phone, but there isn't a connection. Is there a solution to this? It's particularly irksome now that Skiplock no longer works; I was hoping to use Smart Lock to avoid having to use my security pattern when in a trusted environment, but that isn't a solution in the present state.

I also thought to use face unlock as a solution, but no matter how many times I take my picture via the interface, I can't seem to get it to work. I don't have the face unlock icons at the bottom of the screen when I turn it on. Instead, I have the phone icon, a stylized head that immediately becomes a locked padlock, and the camera. So no face unlock either.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

JillB

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay in answering (I live in France). I've installed the app and re-paired my devices, and the connection does get made when bluetooth is turned on. However, and disappointingly, the connection is then lost again after *one second*! Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks again!