Want to change device name
    12-19-2015 08:32 PM
    Welcome to AC! I did a bit of searching and found this reply from another team member here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2903236

You'll need to enable Developer Options on the tablets, but after doing so, use the following setting.

Settings > Developer Options > Device hostname

This will allow you to change, obviously, the hostname that the tablet uses. You'll want to reboot the tablet to ensure it refreshes properly on the network side. However, not every device may have this option. If you don't see it after enabling Developer Options, use the following method, though it will require root access. You should be able to unroot without having the hostname reset, but don't quote me on that. I'd give it a try with the first tablet to see whether or not it will work.

Install a terminal emulator on the tablet. Enter the following:

Code:
    > su
    > getprop net.hostname
    > setprop net.hostname <new_hostname>

The 'getprop' command will return the current hostname, so you can double-check it before setting the new one. Again, reboot to refresh network assignments.
    If you don't see that option in developer settings, you'll need root access to do it. May I ask what you're trying to change it for?
    12-19-2015 08:47 PM
    By the way to enable developer mode goto settings then about then look for build number if you don't see it tap on software then you should see build number

Tap on that multiple times to enable developer mode

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-19-2015 11:03 PM