spigen already shipping case. Release soon?

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ha! Spigen is taking advantage of this, and probably sold a tons of cases. Most people want a case the day they receive their device...I'd hate to drop the phone on day 1 w/o a case...:'(

EitV

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So according to your comparison photos either all of you got a case for something bigger than the Nexus 5, or the dimensions all over the internet are bull.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So according to your comparison photos either all of you got a case for something bigger than the Nexus 5, or the dimensions all over the internet are bull.

Companies like Spigen are given CAD files of the device or an actual display device to use for building their accessories.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I remember when the Iphone 4S was rumored to be bigger. I bought a case from a company before it was released. When it was revealed that the phone wasn't any different the case manufacturer apologized and refunded my money. I'm hoping the case fits but, Amazon has a 30 day return window. If it gets close and the phone still isn't released I'll return the case.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the Iphone 4S was rumored to be bigger. I bought a case from a company before it was released. When it was revealed that the phone wasn't any different the case manufacturer apologized and refunded my money. I'm hoping the case fits but, Amazon has a 30 day return window. If it gets close and the phone still isn't released I'll return the case.

Spigen is a pretty big case manufacturer. I don't think they would sell cases that prematurely. It would look bad for them to sell wrongly sized cases. It would look like they are unreliable and like they have such a poor relationship with OEMs that they can't even get their hands on the specs before the phone is officially released. On the bright side, even if there was some huge screw up, Spigen is a big and reputable enough company they would surely offer free exchanges.

I got my neo hybrid case in the mail today, by the way.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Spigen is a pretty big case manufacturer. I don't think they would sell cases that prematurely. It would look bad for them to sell wrongly sized cases. It would look like they are unreliable and like they have such a poor relationship with OEMs that they can't even get their hands on the specs before the phone is officially released. On the bright side, even if there was some huge screw up, Spigen is a big and reputable enough company they would surely offer free exchanges.

I got my neo hybrid case in the mail today, by the way.

Same here
aha5uzun.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

MrkCrwly

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This is indeed all crazy. I just got a pack of 4 spigen screen protectors from Amazon. It fits almost just right on my G2. The only difference is the placement of the camera hole. I hope this is correct, because I will like it if it's this size, although I heard the dimensions were closer to the Nexus 4. I guess i'll finnd out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25995482/IMG_20131023_192121333.jpg

I have not found the Ultra Crystal screen protectors in your picture anywhere. Do you have a link to the Amazon listing where you got them?
Thanks
Mrk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not found the Ultra Crystal screen protectors in your picture anywhere. Do you have a link to the Amazon listing where you got them?
Thanks
Mrk

I have one sitting right on top of the phone, the LG G2. Are you trying to view it on your phone? It should be pretty clear when viewed from a computer screen. The package is also sitting right next to the phone, which is all you will see in the link I'm providing.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal] [3-PACK] **Base PET Film made in Japan** Premium Front Screen Protector for Nexus 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed the tso holes at the bottom of the case on each side of the micro usb port. Does this mean the Nexus will have stereo speakers?

MrkCrwly

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have one sitting right on top of the phone, the LG G2. Are you trying to view it on your phone? It should be pretty clear when viewed from a computer screen. The package is also sitting right next to the phone, which is all you will see in the link I'm providing.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal] [3-PACK] **Base PET Film made in Japan** Premium Front Screen Protector for Nexus 5: Cell Phones & Accessories
Sorry. I meant that I could not find them for sale on Amazon. The listing you gave to Amazon appears to be different from the package shown in the picture. The pic shows a 4 pack of Steinheil Ultra Crystal and the Amazon link is just a three pack listed as Crystal Base PET. I am looking for the Steinheil type.
Thanks
Mrk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I meant that I could not find them for sale on Amazon. The listing you gave to Amazon appears to be different from the package shown in the picture. The pic shows a 4 pack of Steinheil Ultra Crystal and the Amazon link is just a three pack listed as Crystal Base PET. I am looking for the Steinheil type.
Thanks
Mrk

Sorry, they must have changed it or sent me the wrong ones. I copied the link from my orders page and that's what it shows. I'm glad I got the Ultra Crystal instead, I hadn't even paid attention to that until you pointed it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87