'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

itsdavetime

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a white 32gb on Saturday 11/9. It said 2-3 weeks. Just got an email today that it has already shipped - Was only a day since 11/9 was a Saturday and Monday was a holiday.
Can't wait until tomorrow. I love my Galaxy S4 but with the MF3 update, I want an unlocked, standard Android device.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems like google picked the 2 to 3 to 4 week ship date just to keep their behinds safe. "They can't grumble about slow shipping cos it says plainly on the order page. "

When they ship early people are ecstatic. Pure genius.

Sent from my Nexus⁴ :)p)

bengoodier

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a black 16 GB on Nov 1 at 5:30 PM. Yesterday morning the estimated shipping date was Nov 26. However, last night I got the email that the shipment was made. My package was scanned in this morning only one state away. I will probably have it on Thursday. So mine shipped 15 days in advance of the estimate. Looks like Google is building some safety factor into its shipping estimates.

Exact same thing happened to me, so happy its finally coming

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd give some welcoming news to those of you who order on or around Nov. 8-9. I placed my order on Nov. 9 and was told it would leave the warehouse on Nov. 26th. However, today, I received my shipping notification email and after checking UPS.com, it says my phone will be delivered tomorrow by 3pm.

I ordered a 32GB White Model, so for those of you wondering when yours will ship, if it was around the same time, it should be very soon

Seems to be dependent on the storage capacity and color. I ordered 16 GB black on the 8th and no change or email.

Ordered on the 8th should receive on the 13th. white 32G

LandsAlot4

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered black 32gb on 11/1 when it said 2-3 weeks. It currently says leaves warehouse by 11/22. Have heard nothing since. Hoping somehow it comes Before the 22nd.

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Touched and used a Nexus 5 today, mines coming in the mail tomorrow

Kinda ruined the initial experience since the first I wanted to feel was mine :(

Posted via Android Central App

reepS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
just cancelled my 11/4 white 16 gig with a "leaves warehouse" date of 11/26. Heard nothing from 11/4-11/12.
just purchased on 11/12 white 32 gig with a "leaves warehouse" date of 11/26.

I will let you guys know if upgrading to 32 white makes anything happen faster.

I figured that if they both have the same leave warehouse day, might as well try the experiment. Nothing to lose, besides 50 bucks for 16 gigs, but hey doubling the memory could be worth it.

Last edited:

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
just cancelled my 11/4 white 16 gig with a "leaves warehouse" date of 11/26. Heard nothing from 11/4-11/12.
just purchased on 11/12 white 32 gig with a "leaves warehouse" date of 11/26.

I will let you guys know if upgrading to 32 white makes anything happen faster.

I figured that if they both have the same leave warehouse day, might as well try the experiment. Nothing to lose, besides 50 bucks for 16 gigs, but hey doubling the memory could be worth it.

I had the same device as you when I ordered on the 4th as well. I cancelled mine yesterday and ordered the 32GB White yesterday (11/11) and had the shipping notice this morning and will have my device tomorrow.

freeups

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 16gb black on 10/31 at 8pm pacific. This was right after it sold out on the morning of launch. That night it came back again to order but you had to wait 2-3 weeks. It has been pending ever since with an estimated leaves warehouse date of 11/22.

I was very pleasantly surprised this morning at 10 getting an email saying that it had shipped from Louisville ky. I got the expedited shipping and after checking ups right now it is already in Seattle with an expected delivery date of tomorrow.

In less than 10 hours I went from not really knowing when it will be here to knowing it will be delivered tomorrow.

reepS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This will show whether the 32 white or 32 black will ship first. I think the 32 white will. (I also did 2 day shipping for my 32g white today)

gmdphd

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation. Ordered white 32gb on 11/9. Got email stating it would ship on 11/22. Now got email saying it shipped already. Awesome!!!

Ordered 16gb black on 10/31 at 8pm pacific. This was right after it sold out on the morning of launch. That night it came back again to order but you had to wait 2-3 weeks. It has been pending ever since with an estimated leaves warehouse date of 11/22.

I was very pleasantly surprised this morning at 10 getting an email saying that it had shipped from Louisville ky. I got the expedited shipping and after checking ups right now it is already in Seattle with an expected delivery date of tomorrow.

In less than 10 hours I went from not really knowing when it will be here to knowing it will be delivered tomorrow.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered a 16GB Black on 11/2 and got the shipping in 3-4 weeks. Then it changed to shipping on 11/26. Well I just got an email saying it's been shipped and tracking number says it'll be here today 11/13 before end of day. That is a heck of a surprise! I'm in Arizona fwiw.

ALSO, if anyone can help me...I'm with straight talk and am about to order an ATT LTE micro sim card. I was with Sprint forever, so gsm and sim cards are new to me. Rather than make a thread, can someone enlighten me as what I have to do to activate the new sim card? Just call in to customer service? ST is bad at that, and I tend to avoid calling them ever and usually just get answers here via search function. THanks all

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
anybody knows what happend if i order one, shipping to a Hotel in Orlando, and the hotel returns the package to UPS. Google refunds my credit card ?
the problem is : if the shipping delays a lot, a wont be in the hotel (and come back to Brazil)
Help me . i live in brazil and the Play Store is blocked.

my email: joaopauloandrade@gmail.com

Last edited:

macleod52

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered a 16GB Black on 11/2 and got the shipping in 3-4 weeks. Then it changed to shipping on 11/26. Well I just got an email saying it's been shipped and tracking number says it'll be here today 11/13 before end of day. That is a heck of a surprise! I'm in Arizona fwiw.

ALSO, if anyone can help me...I'm with straight talk and am about to order an ATT LTE micro sim card. I was with Sprint forever, so gsm and sim cards are new to me. Rather than make a thread, can someone enlighten me as what I have to do to activate the new sim card? Just call in to customer service? ST is bad at that, and I tend to avoid calling them ever and usually just get answers here via search function. THanks all

Your SIM card will come with instructions. Go to their website enter the required information. Pop the SIM card in and you're done. You may need to update your APN settings. Just search the forum for Straight Talk and you'll find all the information you're looking for.