Nexus 5 - White or Black?

White or Black Nexus 5?

• Total voters

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought white and wish I had black:\ can't cancel my order til I get it... I don't really want to send it back to get a black one either:(

On my shipping notification it says I can cancel my order at any time, but if I receive it I have to send it back. So, can't you still cancel the white and order the black? I'm happy with my choice on the white. I already have two black phones. I wish I could have gotten this one in the white (maybe if I'd bought it from Boost Mobile I could have).

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Nothing beats a piano black.

The problem is that the Nexus 5 doesn't look piano black. In videos and pictures it almost has a dark dull greyish hue, which I wasn't crazy about. Maybe it looks blacker in person.

As far as white not making sense due to cases, I purchased a white case with a transparent back so the white back will be clearly visible, and the case covers the black sides ;). Plus I liked how the Nexus logo stood out more on the white, and all that "CE" jargon at the bottom back of the phone is barely visible on the white model, but really stands out on the black model and I think it looks ugly on the phone. Not sure why it needs to be there.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that the Nexus 5 doesn't look piano black. In videos and pictures it almost has a dark dull greyish hue, which I wasn't crazy about. Maybe it looks blacker in person.

As far as white not making sense due to cases, I purchased a white case with a transparent back so the white back will be clearly visible, and the case covers the black sides ;). Plus I liked how the Nexus logo stood out more on the white, and all that "CE" jargon at the bottom back of the phone is barely visible on the white model, but really stands out on the black model and I think it looks ugly on the phone. Not sure why it needs to be there.

The back cover may not be piano black but the front around the display sure is or at least should be.

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
FWIW every review I've read about phones with soft touch white backs talk about it getting grimy or yellow. White seems to hold up better with glossy plastic. I thought about a white 32gb but got the black instead. Definitely put a cover or transparent skin/protector would be my suggestion. The white us unique though.

Posted via Android Central App

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
On my shipping notification it says I can cancel my order at any time, but if I receive it I have to send it back. So, can't you still cancel the white and order the black? I'm happy with my choice on the white. I already have two black phones. I wish I could have gotten this one in the white (maybe if I'd bought it from Boost Mobile I could have).

It changed to shipped therefore locking me out of changing my option. I'm not totally fussed about the colour. I think white overall looks better, but the white earpiece on the front is nasty.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. There are a few differences between the black and white versions (Aside from the color obviously)
1. Inside of the earpiece on the white N5 is white
2. The sides of the white N5 are glossy and feel almost like the band of the GS4. The black one isn't
3. Back of the phones also feel different, kind of like how the white and black Note 3 felt different. Different material on the white so it won't stain in your pocket :)
4. The SIM tray on the white one feels less sturdy :(
Just saw MKBHD's video on this and thought I'd let you guys know in case you alreadi didn't :p

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info and video! After all the pics/videos/comments I've seen over the last day or two, I was finally able to make my choice. Bit the bullet and ordered safe black. It was really tough for me as I was really interested in the unique white, but in the end I didn't wanna chance it. I like the look and feel of my nexus 7 and didn't want to give that up because of the color. Hope you guys have N easier time deciding than I did!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It changed to shipped therefore locking me out of changing my option. I'm not totally fussed about the colour. I think white overall looks better, but the white earpiece on the front is nasty.

Oh, OK. I got a shipping notice with a tracking number but lower in the email there are still cancellation links but maybe that's not in all of them.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
True, but by the time I get it it'll probably be a hassle to sell. Just don't wanna worry about it. Is shipping cheaper if you buy 2?

yahoowizard

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could also sell one and get at least your money back.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
I've been thinking about it, not sure if I want to go through that hassle tbh. I've been trying, but yeah, I'm not sure how the reject shipment thing works either, especially when both are shipping alongside each other, so I might be forced to sell one.
True, but by the time I get it it'll probably be a hassle to sell. Just don't wanna worry about it. Is shipping cheaper if you buy 2?

I made two separate orders, once I saw it I was like, instant buy black, then I was like, oh damn, white is available too, I don't want to regret this, I'll just cancel three hours later, so I ordered the white separately in a different order. Apparently you can only cancel right away, or within the next ten minutes or two hours or something, but the point being, you have to do it really soon, can't just wait around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty