Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE screen turned black but device works (including touch screen)

znk

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I've had this problem for a couple months now. Basically the screen turned black but the entire phone including the touch screen keeps working.

Usually it just needed some squeezing, light hitting it with my hand or forced reboot to return working, but I have not had any luck this time.

I have swapped the original screen with a new one, but it didn't solve the problem. When I opened the back cover, some screws fell out and the others were quite a bit loose.

I can currently access the phone via usb debugging (mirroring the screen) using a script called scrcpy.

I have tried anything I could (cleaning the LCD pads, swapping back and forth the original one, disconnecting the battery, etc.).

What could possibly be the cause?

Just in case I have the USB daughter board on order to hopefully solve some other problems (phone disconnecting from windows when accessing big files, android auto not working).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Tapping or squeeze usually means something loose but since you swapped the LCD screen I would get a second opinion from a repair shop.

Reactions: Madd62

znk

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Tapping or squeeze usually means something loose but since you swapped the LCD screen I would get a second opinion from a repair shop.
Hi! Thanks for your response.

I had the same thought regarding something being loose, but wouldn't the touch also stop working if that were the case? I've reached out to Xiaomi support, but they simply redirected me to their collection centers. I'd prefer to avoid shipping the phone for repair if possible. I'll certainly consider consulting an independent repair shop.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for your response.

I had the same thought regarding something being loose, but wouldn't the touch also stop working if that were the case? I've reached out to Xiaomi support, but they simply redirected me to their collection centers. I'd prefer to avoid shipping the phone for repair if possible. I'll certainly consider consulting an independent repair shop.
Hi not necessary touch would stop it could be a connection to light up the screen it hard to say but definitely consult an independent repair shop see what they say

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter