Sprint activation tips [internal memo]

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had to have customer support open a ticket to get my IMEI # loaded in Sprints system (32 gig from the play store) that was last night around 5:30 pm and this morning around 8 am I got to work and went through the prompts online and it activated it... I had gone to my local Sprint store and they couldn't activate in the store but did give me a free SIM card so I could pair it with my device... when the IMEI was entered on the Sprint website it instantly went to another pop up asking for the ICCID (SIM) card number and then prompted me to chat with a rep to complete activation... After a few minutes chatting I booted the phone up and it went through a good 5+ minute activation thing and a couple more times it had a pop up saying it was activating that were maybe a minute or two long each and since then I've been up and running for almost two hours now without any issues at all.. Phone calls, text, internet all working just fine...

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Phil. My phone is on the ups truck right now and I will be going through this process later today.

Go Hokies!

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely going to try to find a Sprint store tonight then that has the UICC cards. I have no idea when the ordered one will ship, so it will probably be faster for me just to find one. Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know off hand what the UICC card costs? Need to pick one up when my device arrives this coming Thursday.

Markolc

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. I ordered through chat (Live Chat). The only cost would have been if I opted for overnight shipping.

I just called 3 local Sprint stores that I'm willing to drive to, and each one told me they couldn't help me. They had SIM cards in stock, but were not "compatible" with my Nexus 5. I know they're misinformed, but when I tried to tell them otherwise they just said they couldn't help me and to call Sprint directly. So I guess it's a very YMMV situation. I used the Live Chat link above and couldn't have been easier. I'll gladly wait the 3 business days vs driving around wasting my time. I originally was one of the 3-4 week wait time people because I ordered from the play store on Nov 1, but here I am with phone in hand so I'm still happy. I'll unlock bootloader, play with it on wifi, and when the SIM card arrives, I'll retire my Evo 3d.

So far on wifi only, the N5 is ridiculously fast compared to the evo 3d. Like row-boat vs speed-boat difference

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Wish the whole notice would have been posted. I cant decide if the UICC card that came with it can be added into sprint's system or if I need to get one from sprint. The pic is cut off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87