Google Nexus 5 - Yet Another Battery Life Review

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Just my two cents on the battery of the nexus 5. I honestly don't get why people are flaming the battery so much. Just went through my first full day with the new phone after getting it last thursday. And i must say its pretty good imo.
My day started at 9 am today and the battery was at 100%. Made my way onto campus hitching a ride with my friend- 15 minute drive. Battery didn't drop the slightest. My first class i spent the time sitting at my desk reading off my phone studying for my next class for an exam. My second class the phone was mostly idle since i was taking a test. Next hour break i was on my phone doing what i normally do when i'm on break: reading the news, a video or two on youtube, a quick round of candy crush or plants vs zombies. Next class was lab and i took out my phone here and then to google a couple of questions for my experiment. After lab, made a couple of phone calls to meet up with friends (this was roughly around 4pm). Hung out at campus for a bit before heading home. While on the way home played asphalt 8 while sitting and waiting for the train, streamed music from sound cloud, played some music from my own video player, showed my buddy a video on youtube. Went home and knocked out for about an hour so the phone was idle for a bit. I went back out to meet up with a couple of friends but got really bored so i started playing more games. This is where the battery i would say began to lose the most power. Did my normal thing when i was bored and began surfing the internet, catching up on news, read a couple of forums etc. Made my way home while playing a couple of games and listening to some music. Came home, switched to wifi, plopped myself onto my couch and began some more reading. Sitting here now charging my device writing this post and i must say, i'm very satisfied with the battery.
During the morning while i was at campus i had wifi on but switched to my LTE like mid day because some parts of my school can barely get the wifi. This is all with screen brightness at 100%. I reached roughly 13 hours and 27 minutes since i unplugged the phone this morning with 3 hours on screen time. I normally use flipboard for reading news and surprisingly it only took up 2% of my battery which is rather interesting...
This is MORE than enough for me to be honest. At the time i left school, with all honesty i was TRYING to kill the battery. I left school with around 75% left. Now just imagine if i had screen brightness at around 40% and didn't leave my lte for most of the day? I'd figure i could have pulled 16 hours of usage and maybe at most 4 hours on screen time. To me this phones a keeper. Sorry for the long post :)

2013-11-12 03.31.57.jpg
2013-11-12 03.32.01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38