Bluetooth voice commands not working

dcm202

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've had my Nexus 5 for about 5 days and really love it. It's my first android handset, coming from iOS.
The one issue I'm having is that I can pair my bluetooth headset with no issues, but no voice commands will work. I press the button and say 'call [name]' and get 'sorry, I didn't catch that'. It's the same with texting or anything else. Am I just so new to android that I don't know what I'm doing? Is this a bug?

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
is this using google now?

If so when you go into google now - settings - voice is bluetooth headset turned on?

I have had issues with this in the past as well using my car's bluetooth system which isn't that great.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will fix your issue but I found a the Google Now setting options for you to try to play with.

1. Unlock your phone
2. Use two fingers to slide down to get to the quick setting. ( It will minimize your screens and stetting is in the lower right side.)
3 Go into Setting
4. Go into Voice
5. Try the "Bluetooth Headset" options on the list.
6. Also try "Personalized Recognition" option

reinesos

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had issues with this in the past as well using my car's bluetooth system which isn't that great.
ce16.jpg
11uk.jpg
mor.jpg

ht11.jpg
dh11.jpg

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth headset was turned on in Google Now settings and their were no other bluetooth options. Hmmmm. I'm stumped.

Well then un-check the "Bluetooth Headset" option and let the phone hear your voice to take the input command. Then the N5's voice will come back through your headset for what you hear. At least that is how it worked on my bluetooth headset when it was un-checked. Maybe they will get this fixed since it could be a volume thing with some headsets.

dcm202

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I turned the Bluetooth headset option in Google Now and still no luck. I'm wondering if the headset itself is not compatible. It's a Motorola H17 that I got at Costco two years ago for $50.