Google Search killing the battery

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have my Nexus 5 on 4.2.2 under ART. After 24 hours on battery at 58% and I don't even see " Google Search" on my list of Apps that are using a percentage of my Battery. I have a sports App "The Score" that has used about 8% and I have been streaming music for about two hours three phone calls and about 30 text messages sent and received including some pictures.

BTW, when to The Score App and told it about 15 sports I don't care about being updated on and changed the Auto Refresh from 2 minutes to 5 minutes for updates. I think the OP has some App that is using Google Search since I don't have that issue and I clipped Facebook's access to updates till I open Facebook.

rieuk

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my Nexus 5 on 4.2.2 under ART. After 24 hours on battery at 58% and I don't even see " Google Search" on my list of Apps that are using a percentage of my Battery

Did you use Google search, though? I didn't even know about ART, so I just enabled it. I'll see if that changes things. Meanwhile though I haven't been able to find any solution from anyone about the EntriesRefresh_wakelock :-( . I guess I'll have to live with crappy battery life at the moment.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have Google Search on "BATTERY SAVING" mode and the actual Google NOW set too "OFF" and I have absolutely no problems with it hurting my battery. It's not even listed under my Battery screen and I still use Google with the voice too.

rieuk

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Google Search on "BATTERY SAVING" mode and the actual Google NOW set too "OFF" and I have absolutely no problems with it hurting my battery. It's not even listed under my Battery screen and I still use Google with the voice too.

Yeah it's Google Now that is causing the issue. Google Now is pretty cool though, I want to use it and I should be able to without this problem as many other people are doing.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's Google Now that is causing the issue. Google Now is pretty cool though, I want to use it and I should be able to without this problem as many other people are doing.

Did you already say you have it on Battery Saving mode?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Location settings is in Battery Saving mode, if that's what you mean? I don't recall finding a power setting for the actual Google Search app...

Thanks. Since this doesn't happen for everyone who has KiKat or a n5, maybe it's a third party app conflict?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You can use google now just turn off the voice so when you say okay google nothing will happen. Also what other settings do you have on

I did, and I get great battery life. But I want to be able to use Google Now without getting horrendous battery life.

rieuk

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
No I've already tried that. Its not the hot word detection that's causing the problem. I would have that off and Google now on, but battery saving location. Auto sync on for email. Contacts and reminders but that's it.

Posted via Android Central App

datamode

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
hello everyone,
I have the same problem. simply unnistall this app. Realy, I dont need it. Use chrome for everything. Some other advantages? Voice search?, useless..
HTC One (waiting for KitKat)

andrew browne

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
same. If i search anything using google now and pull up my active apps and the blue google app for google now is running it absolutely destroys my battery life. Like tops 7 hours with no screen time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez