Where is my music?

hhshah1979

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I use Google's Play Music to listen to ally music. The other day I was just looking at my storage and I found that there is only some 52MB of music on my phone. Whereas I have about 6GB of music. Though I can play and listen to all the songs.
Just wondering where are the songs stored???

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is my music????

Google Play Music typically streams music from the cloud, and will temporarily cache it, which means it often will be cleared out later by the app. You can select for a track to be downloaded and kept on your device, but the music file will be in an obscure directory (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.google.android.music) with a coded filename.

If you open Google Play Music and tap the menu button, then Settings, you can see various options under Downloading. Cache During Playback will temporarily store music on your device while streaming. Clear Cache will clear that temporarily stored music manually. If you want to download a music track to your phone, tap the pin icon; to remove it, tap it again to unpin it.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Google play music doesn't store songs on your phone unless you pin a particular album.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

These guys are correct - by default, Play Music is stored in the cloud. If you want to view just what's on your device, open Play Music, then go to My Library, then in the top left, there is a drop-down menu that probably says "All Music". If you tap that, there should be an option for "On Device" which will show you just the music you've downloaded to your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty