backing up... 1 left Google photo issue

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I back my photos up using the Google photos app on my nexus 5, in fact I've disabled the gallery app and use the Google photos app to view all my photos. When my phone is on the WiFi and charging it backs up all my photos except one!! Its driving me insane, it always says "backing up... 1 left" but there is no photo awaiting backup. Any ideas how I get it to stop saying it? I've tried turning it on and off and disabling then enabling the backup feature but to no evale.

Thanks,
Kev

Felim_Doyle

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Removing and re-installing seems like overkill and shouldn't be necessary. Even deleting Google+ data as well as clearing the cache might work but is inconvenient and risky.

However, I may have to resort to one of these as a potential solution.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it's possibly not a video thats trying to be backed up?

What about when you check the photos that have been backed up, does it look like all photos are there?

Clark Ye

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem and I can confirm that it is indeed simply a photo that is stuck backing up for 2 days now. I have backup while charging unchecked and backup while on mobile data/wifi checked, yet nothing seems to happen.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Simple solution is download Google Drive from the Playstore where you get 10GB in the cloud. Go to the Gallery App and upload the one missing picture to Google Drive. Then download it to your phone however it will be in a download folder in your Photos not your camera roll.

I use Google Drive for moving between my Windows laptop to Android all the time. Drive even has Microsoft Office documents inside for spread sheets and word but is a great place to put movies or pictures.

salutjames

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
OK I solved it (for me, hope it works for you too),

1. I deleted the suspect photos and video from Photos on the web (not sure if you need to do this step or not)
2. Went to settings in my Google Pixel
3. Apps & notifications
4. App info
5. Scrolled to and tapped on Photos app
6. Tapped on Storage
7. Tapped on Clear Data and Clear Cache
8. ?
9. Profit

Last edited:

salutjames

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
OK I solved it (for me, hope it works for you too),

1. I deleted the suspect photos and video from Photos on the web (not sure if you need to do this step or not)
2. Went to settings in my Google Pixel
3. Apps & notifications
4. App info
5. Scrolled to and tapped on Photos app
6. Tapped on Storage
7. Tapped on Clear Data and Clear Cache
8. ?
9. Profit

Last edited: