Dropped phone in water - trying to salvage my pics

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I took my phone apart, soaked the motherboard in rubbing alcohol (per instructions I saw on other forums) and was able to get the phone from not powering on at all to powering. Problem is when it goes from the power up screen that say "Google" to the colored balls, the balls freeze and it goes back to "Google" and freezing there.

When I hold Volume Down/Power, I can get it to the bootloader. Anything I can do from here to salvage my stuff? I'm not familiar with bootloader options. Plugged into my computer, I can hear my PC make the noise as though it's connected which typically then leads to the phone's drive being accessible on the computer however it then immediately makes the noise of the phone being disconnected. I got the computer to recognize the phone long enough to where I was able to run a diagnostics to where the PC says it couldn't fix the problem because "Android doesn't have a driver."

I just need it to boot long enough to retrieve my pictures and this hot chick's number I got right before the phone was dropped in the pool. Thanks.

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn't laugh, but that last line kills me. Particularly the part about the hot chick.

Did you have your photos automatically backing up to Google Plus? Same for your contacts, were they being synced to your Google account?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
They should automatically go to the cloud. unless you turned that option off. Even when i delete a pic, I get a little cloud pop up in the notification shade saying it was backed up.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No I don't have that feature enabled. I do have my contacts saved but I never saved her number as a contact, just as a text message. In all my years I've never lost or broken any of my phones so never thought I'd needed the extra battery drainage/data-wifi use of uploading all of my pics.

I'm gonna use this service to see i they can fix it. https://www.gophermods.com/default.asp