Nexus wireless charger

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I got my Nexus wireless charger yesterday and must say, I am a bit disappointed. Maybe I am just spoiled a bit, but with my WebOS Touchstone charger, the phone "knew" it was on a wireless charger. Hence, when somebody rang, it autmatically connected the call when I lifted the phone from the charger. Also, if I took the call without lifting it from the charger, the phone automatically turned to the speakers, so that I could speak hands free.
These things and the Exhibition mode made the WebOS wireless charging something special.

When I put my Nexus 5 on the wireless charger ... it charges.
Well, ok, that's its basic function, I realise that. But tbh I expected a bit more.

Well, probably I am just spoiled ...

BTW how warm is the phone supposed to get? Seems, that wireless charging warms the battery quite a lot. I am a bit worried about batterylife...
Any infos on that?

Thx.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I call screen. I don't want to automatically connected the call when I lifted the phone from the charger. However I think you could use Tasker can do that action for you.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the ad. But that was not my question.

And yes, wireless charging IS reliable. I used it with my Pre+ and my Pre3 without problems and still use it with my Touchpad. Palm (and later HP) used this with their WebOS devices since 2009. And, as told above, they did more then just charging, which is what I miss.

Ok, I understand now, that I expected too much.
But as other things (like cards, NFC, notifications etc) were copied from WebOS by Android (and ofc. iOS) as well ;) , does anyone know if there is a plan to pimp wireless charging the same way? I would really like to have this functionality again...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyle24