S24 Ultra wireless charging issue

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm on day 3 with my new S24 Ultra. When I cord charge, the battery charges pretty fast. No complaints there.

Now here is the issue. I put it on my official Samsung Dual Charger. It's the same one I've used with my S22 Ultra. Worked like a charm.
I put my S24 Ultra on the Charger and it shows it's charging. After a night of charging to 100%, I use it for a good while and it still shows 100%. I then go to restart it and then the battery percentage shows 70% or below. It's done this 3 days in a row.

The only thing I can think of is that the new Spigen Tough Armor case I have on it isn't compatible with wireless charging. I'll try without the case and update

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I did notice mine only charged to 93% this am. I don't have any of the battery nannys turned on. Odd.

I do have an aftermarket wireless charger and a magsafe case, so maybe that is the issue. I will continue to check in on this.

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm just wondering if my Spigen case is too thick for correct wireless charging. I'll trying it without the case on tonight and update my post.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have fast wireless charging turned off since i charge overnight. I also have battery protection turned on the adaptive setting so it is supposed to charge to 80% while I am sleeping and then charge to 100% before i wake. Since getting this it works as it is supposed to most of the time but twice now when i get up and grab my phone its only at 89%. Not sure if something is wrong or if it's still learning my sleep habits. My sleep schedule is the same 7 days a week, so i don't know if it's having trouble learning or what. Anyone else with this problem?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
So, I'm on day 3 with my new S24 Ultra. When I cord charge, the battery charges pretty fast. No complaints there.

Now here is the issue. I put it on my official Samsung Dual Charger. It's the same one I've used with my S22 Ultra. Worked like a charm.
I put my S24 Ultra on the Charger and it shows it's charging. After a night of charging to 100%, I use it for a good while and it still shows 100%. I then go to restart it and then the battery percentage shows 70% or below. It's done this 3 days in a row.

The only thing I can think of is that the new Spigen Tough Armor case I have on it isn't compatible with wireless charging. I'll try without the case and update
I'm using the Samsung Wireless Duo and have the Caseborne clear slim with MagSafe and it charges without any problems.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Update: Last night I decided to turn on Fast Wireless Charging, I left Adaptive charging on in the Battery Protection section. I also have a Samsung wireless charging stand that is fast charging 2.0 I think. I have had this stand for a few years. Got it with my note 20 i believe. Anyway It fast charged last night to 80% and then shortly before I woke up my phone was at 100%. Worked perfectly so I am going to leave everything like it is for another week or so to see how things work out.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000