Why does my Nexus 5 lack RAM memory?

alighasempoor

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
NEXUS 5 lacks of RAM memory

Hey guys
I updated my nexus 5 to lollipop 5.0.1 two months ago.
after the update I've got a lot of problem with my ram memory.
while i use normal i only have 450-500 MB free ram.
there is no fake apps on my phone.
system takes 800 MB
apps takes 600 MB
i use some app to help to solve this like clean master of greanify but they don't work perfectly.
if u could help me i would be pleasure
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEXUS 5 lacks of RAM memory

This is Android, not Windows. Unused RAM is waster RAM. The more RAM being used, the better. When Android needs RAM for another app, it kills an app currently in RAM that's not in the foreground. (Since Android apps are responsible for constantly keeping their state saved, when the app is brought back into RAM later, it just picks up where it was when Android killed it.)

This is what's so funny about people who write apps that "clean RAM" - they're just proclaiming that they don't understand how Android works. You don't want clean RAM, you want used RAM, the more RAM used, the better.

Never Grenify an app you want to run witout you're runnint it - like the Phone app. You'll never know that there's a call coming in if the app is hibernated by Greenify. That applies to texting apps, Facebook, email apps, times, weather apps - anything you want to update by itself shouldn't be Greenified.

alighasempoor

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your answer.
And i know what is android and i know linux like to cache more than other OS to response better but there is problem i think with 5.0.1.
Not even with the OS with the app run on it.
I think problem come from ART run time.
I don't know where problem come from ...

Posted via the Android Central App

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

There is a problem with lollipop or maybe I need to do a reset. Phone lags now and then. It didn't with KitKat at all.

Posted via Android Central App