Good source for replacement battery?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
My old nexus 5 needs some fresh juice. The original battery has seen too many cycles and I wanna replace it. Anyone have a good reputable source for batteries?

Posted via the Android Central App

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
OEM LG from Amazon if you insist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlmKLfgUtBQ

personally i would just buy a new Nexus 6 or the next new one.

good luck.

I went the "OEM" route on amazon and got a battery older than my original. When I questioned the seller he said "keep it and I'll refund you". Not what I'm looking for. I'm not afraid of changing that battery out and have done plenty of screens and batteries on lots of devices. This is gonna be for my kid so I'm not looking to buy a different phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a battery off of Amazon, it was crap, it had half the life of my old battery. I ended up putting my original battery back in. None of the sellers on Amazon have consistently good reviews, all of them have significant numbers of one star reviews with people reporting the same experience that I had. I tried to buy one directly from LG but they won't sell you a battery, they insist that you send your phone to them.

I've decided to wait until the 2015 phones come out and then replace the N5. Hopefully the phone lasts until then.