How can I upgrade my Nexus 5?

A

AC Question

nexus 5 upgrade

İ want to upgrade my nexus 5 to any phone.
İ was thinking about xiaomi redmi note 2 but i heard new model redmi note 3 coming up.

Should i upgarde redmi note 3 from nexus 5 ? Or stick nexus one more year. (İ am looking into budget phones)

tdsj81

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: nexus 5 upgrade

If you're going to be looking to upgrade on some things then I'd stick to waiting for the note 3. After comparing the specs on gsm arena (can google search it since i'm not allowed to post links until I reach 10 posts) The note 3 jumps up the specs a good deal compared to both the note 2 and the nexus 5. About the only feature on the nexus 5 I don't see on the note 3 is gorilla glass. So if you're tough on phones then you may want to stay with the nexus 5. This is all just my opinion though as I'm currently happy with my S5 since it has a high layer of support for apps behind it right now. The newer and flashier the phone doesn't always pan out well when developers haven't adjusted their apps to work with them yet from my experience.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

The Nexus 5, though ageing, is pretty unbeatable, taking everything into consideration. Don't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.

Ehmed Hemidli

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

If you're going to be looking to upgrade on some things then I'd stick to waiting for the note 3. After comparing the specs on gsm arena (can google search it since i'm not allowed to post links until I reach 10 posts) The note 3 jumps up the specs a good deal compared to both the note 2 and the nexus 5. About the only feature on the nexus 5 I don't see on the note 3 is gorilla glass. So if you're tough on phones then you may want to stay with the nexus 5. This is all just my opinion though as I'm currently happy with my S5 since it has a high layer of support for apps behind it right now. The newer and flashier the phone doesn't always pan out well when developers haven't adjusted their apps to work with them yet from my experience.

Do you know what? My nexus 5 gorilla screen cracked without any damage.
İ played mortal kombat x 2 hours straight full brightness while charging and it cracked from heat on my hands.

İ can sell it around 200 dollars here. And xiaomi note 3 costs 250 dollar.
İ can repair nexus 5 40-50 dollar.

So nexus or redmi note 3 ? :D