Should I wait for the Nexus 6 or should I buy the Nexus 5 now?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to point out that Google usually names a device based on sceen size, that's why Nexus 7 2013 wasn't called Nexus 8.

Depending on the screen size t will be called Nexus 5 2014 or Nexus 6.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
i recently watched my note 3 accidentally get destroyed and had to make a quick purchase for a new phone.

i went with the nexus 5 due to its great specs and low price tag.

previously to the note 3 i was a note 2 user, so don't mind the big screen size....with that being said...i love the nexus 5...it was a great decision and any easy transition to the smaller screen size, it's design is also so smooth and lightweight that it serves as an amazing daily driver...

there is also a lot of talk about the price tag of the Nexus 6...which undoubtedly will be much higher than the 5...i spent the extra to get the 32 gig model and would recommend the same!

good luck!

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
i recently watched my note 3 accidentally get destroyed and had to make a quick purchase for a new phone.

i went with the nexus 5 due to its great specs and low price tag.

previously to the note 3 i was a note 2 user, so don't mind the big screen size....with that being said...i love the nexus 5...it was a great decision and any easy transition to the smaller screen size, it's design is also so smooth and lightweight that it serves as an amazing daily driver...

there is also a lot of talk about the price tag of the Nexus 6...which undoubtedly will be much higher than the 5...i spent the extra to get the 32 gig model and would recommend the same!

good luck!

Can you point me to a link about where the price tag of the Nexus 6 is "which undoubtedly will be much higher than the 5" ?

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you point me to a link about where the price tag of the Nexus 6 is "which undoubtedly will be much higher than the 5" ?

everything is mere opinion now...i have seen that in a few of the articles i have read, so its from authors perspective....no need to jump on my neck about it :mad:

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
everything is mere opinion now...i have seen that in a few of the articles i have read, so its from authors perspective....no need to jump on my neck about it :mad:

I actually just wanted links because I haven't really seen any price talk.

Posted via Android Central App

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

Inkyape

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 might be 5.2 inches. Slightly larger, but still manageable.

Except, there's a guy on this forum that has seen it - and he says it's around 6 inches.

I was really hoping to get a Nexus 6, but all credible rumours point to a 6" device.
I guess I'll get a Nexus 5 or a Sony Z3C instead.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Except, there's a guy on this forum that has seen it - and he says it's around 6 inches.

I was really hoping to get a Nexus 6, but all credible rumours point to a 6" device.

Even after an year, the Nexus 5 has very amazing specification. There are rumours going around that Google might continue to sell Nexus 5 and 6 together, that way you'll have an option between a 5 inch or 6 inch device depending on your preferences.

You guys should watch TechnoBuffalo's Nexus 5: Revisited video uploaded just a few weeks ago. The phone is still highly recommended.

I personally wish that Google continues to sell Nexus 5 and 6 together, but even if it doesn't I'll have 1 more year of official updates + 2(or 3 or 4) years of Custom ROMs.

I bought the N5 just a month ago and plan to keep it for 2 years or maybe a bit less.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

As much as any rumor can be accredited, most of the tech sites are leaning towards the device offering a 5.2" screen, with only a very few articles expecting a 'single' model released to have a 5.9" display.

As to "a guy on this forum" saying they've seen it and identifying it as a 6" device, I haven't seen that post. But given the secrecy Google has been able to maintain on the device (without which there wouldn't be such the rumor mill), there really aren't many people who could post that without my reading it with a large salt-shaker of skepticism. If I were to say I'd seen the N6 and really love the fact that they added support for a memory card, but was disappointed that they chose to use Sony's Memory Stick format, you probably wouldn't immediately go out looking at pricing for them in anticipation of your purchase.

Inkyape

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
As much as any rumor can be accredited, most of the tech sites are leaning towards the device offering a 5.2" screen, with only a very few articles expecting a 'single' model released to have a 5.9" display.

As to "a guy on this forum" saying they've seen it and identifying it as a 6" device, I haven't seen that post.

[this guy](http://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=8685368) who tests Moto phones that's held the Moto Nexus and says it's around 6"....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6/417531-nexus-6-shamu-motorola-4.html#post3848177

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6/417531-nexus-6-shamu-motorola-3.html#post3831217

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ragon-805-powered-5-2-1440-a.html#post3830832

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

As to "a guy on this forum" saying they've seen it and identifying it as a 6" device, I haven't seen that post. But given the secrecy Google has been able to maintain on the device (without which there wouldn't be such the rumor mill), there really aren't many people who could post that without my reading it with a large salt-shaker of skepticism. If I were to say I'd seen the N6 and really love the fact that they added support for a memory card, but was disappointed that they chose to use Sony's Memory Stick format, you probably wouldn't immediately go out looking at pricing for them in anticipation of your purchase.
He was exactly right on everything he said about the new Moto x, right down to the new gesture control.

Now he doesn't work at Moto, a friend does. He's not making the decisions and isn't in the conference rooms so there could always be more happening than he could know. But I totally believe he held a 6" moto nexus and I'm about as skeptical as they come short of saying every leak is bs.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Since I was able to get a refurb from google I am now going to wait to see what the n6 will bring

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's his friend, but he's held the device.

In providing those three links, I presume you're anticipating (like many sites) that the Shamu by Motorola will be the next Nexus (which would not surprise me in the least), but even just looking at the hyperlink text of the third it specifically states that that device has a 5.2" display, not something in the 6" range.

Marute

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same situation as OP. Is it likely that the Nexus 5 would get updated to a newer version of Android a year from now? And what about 2 years from now? Will the Nexus 4 get Android L? That could be an indicator.

When do you guys think an official spec list would be released and the Nexus 6 presented?

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Just before the nexus 5 came out, they had a sale in the play store on the nexus 4. It was about $100 off - wasn't it?

I wonder if the same thing might happen with the nexus 5 before the nexus 6 release?